Does a taste for high end audio, also carry over into your other interests?

I would guess there are some where high-end audio may be somewhat different than their interest or investment into "other" things.  From myself and my audiophile friends, there seemed to be interest in food, cameras, computers and even into musical instruments and architecture/house design/interior design.  

My question is, what else in your life gets the same attention and would some consider you "esoteric" in your choices?  Of my two closest audiophile friends, one is into other things such as his home and interior design, cameras, foods, travel...and more... and my other close friend could care less about gourmet anything or the design/style of his home/furnishings, etc.  so his interest in the high-end/audiophile world is more defined than some "other" things.    Just kind of an open ended thought.  In education some friends have pondered the idea of selective intelligence vs. global intelligence/awareness.  Gosh, this is starting to should like an article out of Psycho Today. 

In all cases with my friends and myself, the greatest interest is in family and friends...and those are the people we enjoy sharing the stereo/music with.  Hope all have a great holiday season. 

whatjd
Off road motorcycles Husqvarna te-300i
they've com a long way since you were in school 
Post removed 
Thanks to all for your input.  There is/are some common life history and/or happenings that most of us likely share more than we may ever know.  

When I had my high-end furniture store, Stickley was one of our many brands.  We sold the best from Scandinavia (mainly Denmark), Italy and America.  Over the years the best thing I could do to maintain that stores success was to keep up with the changing tastes/wants of the "Boomers".  Early they wanted what was "leading edge...cool" hence some of the Danish from some of the best designers/architects....later as that generation aged, many started to want their home's interiors look like "old money"...be it fake or not....so it became more Henredon, Baker and the like.  I guess now if I were trying to keep with with the Boomers, I would own some chain mortuaries, and yes those will make a great deal of money as the "Boomers" die off.....hope their kids know how to take care of those "special pressings". 

Noromance, my favorite; a variation of yours:

Lightly toasted multi grain bread (“Bread Alone” multi grain health), fresh peanut butter (not too smooth of course and lightly salted), a bit of creamed honey and......dried cranberries.  Check it out.  Awesome.