Does a taste for high end audio, also carry over into your other interests?

I would guess there are some where high-end audio may be somewhat different than their interest or investment into "other" things.  From myself and my audiophile friends, there seemed to be interest in food, cameras, computers and even into musical instruments and architecture/house design/interior design.  

My question is, what else in your life gets the same attention and would some consider you "esoteric" in your choices?  Of my two closest audiophile friends, one is into other things such as his home and interior design, cameras, foods, travel...and more... and my other close friend could care less about gourmet anything or the design/style of his home/furnishings, etc.  so his interest in the high-end/audiophile world is more defined than some "other" things.    Just kind of an open ended thought.  In education some friends have pondered the idea of selective intelligence vs. global intelligence/awareness.  Gosh, this is starting to should like an article out of Psycho Today. 

In all cases with my friends and myself, the greatest interest is in family and friends...and those are the people we enjoy sharing the stereo/music with.  Hope all have a great holiday season. 

whatjd
@whatjd Good question. At the moment, audio is the main one for me, and given the time and attention I’ve poured into it, it would be hard to do this for many other areas. Perhaps coffee makers, but not really to this degree. I’m not on forums, etc. My wife’s a different story...furniture, rugs, clothes, etc. My parents were raised in the Depression but they were willing to spend on quality when it really mattered -- their kids, mainly, and our college. Other than that, they "saved string" as the old saying goes. I suppose I’m much the same...except for audio. (P.S. Sometimes "consistency" is overrated.")
Law of large numbers and the normal distribution always provide for esoterica at some scale for even the most mundane 

Brian, that sandwich sounds sublime !

excuse me while I have a slice of Burbon banana bread...
But sure... Westlake School furniture, vintage and new Stickley, Feinwerkbau air pistols, Heisey Glass, Seasmoke wine, custom aluminum boats, Islander fishing reels, a bespoke double and a better dog than I will deserve....

I do have other nice things, but mostly for a reason eg I’m a doc and must be able to get to work so I have high performing all wheel drive car and best snow tires (Nokian).