Luxman E-250 or Sutherland 20/20, or something else?

Moving on from my C48 preamp which had a very capable MC/MM phono section. In the $2,500 +- category narrowed it down to the Luxman and Sutherland 20/20. Didn’t know anything about either till I started researching. The Luxman has some cool design features and more flexibility than the Sutherland, IMO. I’m intrigued by their step up transformer for LO MC carts, which I have (Cadenza Black). Filter switches could be nice to have. The mono function seems intriguing but do I need it if I use a mono cart? However, very little user feedback online about this product. 

The Sutherland obviously has a solid reputation with Stereophile and Absolute Sound recommendations. Also, lots of user feedback that generally provide favorable reviews. Not too fond of having two wall warts for the base model so would probably have to spend the extra for the line power supply, so that puts the 20/20 about $400 more than the Luxman. Is the extra money worth it for the 20/20 over the Lux? Has any one tried either of these? Any other recommendations in this price range? Thanks in advance for your comments/questions. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
Using a tubed linestage isn’t a sonic substitute for using a phono preamp with tubed gain stages. I think Upscale Audio offers 60-day returns.
Thanks for reminding me of the Upscale. I see where they have the Chinook. That’s pushing my budget a little but may be worth it indeed. I see they have a used Rogue tube phono stage. Anybody have any experience with the Rogue tube phono stage? Though, not tube, the Pathos looks very nicely built. Not much feedback on that phono stage. 
MusicDirect is distributing Whest phono stages...they have a fairly liberal return policy. Read some of the Buyer feedback on the Whest Audio web sight - there are a lot of them. This should , at the very least, raise your interest in giving one a go :)
MusicDirect is distributing Whest phono stages...they have a fairly liberal return policy. Read some of the Buyer feedback on the Whest Audio web sight - there are a lot of them. This should , at the very least, raise your interest in giving one a go :)
i found the sutherlands well built, clean sounding but lacking in drive and pace

suggest a lehmann decade or ayre p5xe for ss or manley chinook or audio research tube phono stage