I love sad music

I'm talking about music that when you're feeling down will make you feel worse. I don't want uplifting or inspirational. Some of Chopin's more melancholic works can do it for me.  I don't listen to country, but George Jones singing "It's a good day for the roses" is about as sad a song as you will find. Leonard Cohen's "Alexandra leaving" is another sad song. I have everything Davis and Coltrane recorded, so I'm looking for recommendations for the most beautiful but depressing music you've ever heard. I want to hear a violin, my favorite instrument, that will bring tears to your eyes. I know this is a strange request but some of the best music comes from dark places. Thanks
cal91
My daughter also says the same about my music tastes.....Erik Satie’s piano music is great for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Ralph Vaughan Williams', Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis is wonderfully evocative in a nostalgic way. Gorecki’s 3rd Sympathy is essentially classical Slowcore and unbelievably emotive....For more modern slowcore, Sun Kil Moon’s  - "Ghosts of the Great Highway" (2003) is hauntingly beautiful and has a strong melancholy touch in an early Neil Young kind of way. The whole album is a keeper but Carry Me Ohio and Duk Koo Kim are standouts. Also check out "Casimir Pulaski Day" from Sufjan Stevens’s album, "Chicago"; a simple tune that has the uncanny ability to result in copious amounts of dust getting into ones eyes.....
Judy Collins - "Send in the Clowns"
Fairport Convention - "Who Knows Where the Time Goes"
Harry Chapin - "Cat’s in the Cradle"
10,000 Maniacs - "Jezebel
Phish - "Dirt"

Seriously melancholy tunes

@mikeydred - good call on that Sun Kil Moon album
The smiths/ back to the old house
Jeff Buckley/ hallejuia 
Chicago/ if you leave me now 
cowboy junkies/ angel mine
Agree with mikeydread. Fantastic call. Sun kil moon is over the top. I can only listen to that album once a year. It haunts me every time. Especially duk koo Kim- due your research on that song and it’s even more haunting. Tragic