Distilled water rinse after ultrasonic cleaning

Hi group,I own an Audio Desk Systeme ultrasonic cleaner; I have a question for other owners:After it finishes its cleaning cycle, do you rinse your records in distilled water? I have not been doing that, but wonder if I should include that step in my cleaning regimen.The  ADS cleans vinyl ultrasonically, in water that does include a cleaning solution.

Interested in your experience,Thanks.....
arcamguy
@slaw,

Steve,

Installing a fine filter at the suction does keep the fluid clean to the pump - but this a positive displacement pump and its uses a diaphragm to control valves to draw-in/discharge-out water and they are not as sensitive to debris as a centrifugal pump. The general recommendation for a pump suction strainer is one of 50 mesh - but that is equal to 300 microns - that is a pretty big particle. Small pump suction strainers have low pressure drop and are widely available - Amazon.com: SHURFLO (255-313) 1/2" Twist-On Pipe Strainer: Automotive if you wanted to install one - for raw water usage they are recommended. FYI - If you plumbed a centrifugal pump with those fine filters at the suction, the centrifugal pump would have cavitated and pretty much destroyed its self. Centrifugal pumps do not have much suction lift.

For others who may be reading this post - the Pentair Shurflo SLV Series Diaphragm Pumps | Pentair model SLV10-AA40 12V DC Pump (Flow 3.78 LPM) is widely available such as ShurFlo SLV10-AA40 12VDC Low Volume Automatic Demand Diaphragm Pump For Low Flow Spraying and Transfer, 1.0 GPM, 40 PSI, Pressure Switch, Self-Priming: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific. It’s a bit more expensive than the Bayite, but It is a commercial standard pump with good support and only has a 40 psi pressure head so limited risk of collapsing filters and has a ON/OFF switch. Like the Bayite, it is 12VDC so a 120VAC/12VDC power supply 40-50W would be required. Standard desk top style 120VAC/12VDC power supplies are relatively cheap and easily sourced. There is a Shurflo 120AC pump wire with a 3-prong plug (Shurflo model 8020-513-236), but is about $150 .

Hope this is of some help,

Neil
I have the Audiodesk and the answer is simply NO. Unless you plug into the RV as mentioned. You have distilled water with 70% alcohol already, or if you still have their cleaning agent. 
I have the Audiodesk and the answer is simply NO. Unless you plug into the RV as mentioned. You have distilled water with 70% alcohol already, or if you still have their cleaning agent.
I’m not sure I understand the above reference, but be aware that using alcohol in your Audiodesk Vinyl Cleaner Pro will void your warranty. Do so at your own risk.

Audiophilia nervosa is a psychological disorder. There is no vaccine. There is however a foolproof cure. Its called: relax. Realize your system sucks, always has, always will, and there simply is nothing you can do about it, because nothing ever is perfect. That’s just the way things are. Situation normal. So: relax.
Wise words from @millercarbon. The biggest impediment to clean records is a complicated cleaning system that you soon grow tired of, and stop using after the new wears off.

We use the recommended method with our Vinyl Cleaner Pro, don’t think twice about it, and enjoy clean records that easily match the cleaning quality of the three-step (A-I fluid) process we used with our Loricraft machine (excellent, results with the A-I fluids, but labor intensive).

On our Audiodesk page (where I survey cleaning methods), I quote Wayne Gretzky: “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take".

Photographers with the ideal, full-frame Nikon or Canon rig with (of course) the holy trinity of zoom lenses soon grow tired of lugging a 20 pound rig with them. The camera you don’t have is the photo you don’t take.

In the same way, the perfect cleaning protocol that is too laborious to use is the record you don’t clean.

You get to choose ...

...Thom @ Galibier Design
I have a Degritter US cleaner and a VPI 16.5, the VPI was bought some years ago now. The US is automatic but for the really dirty discs you can’t beat an enzyme cleaner and the VPI is good for that. I’ve not noticed much benefit from a post US water wash if the US has done the job but sometimes it doesn’t so the vacuum gives another option.
@antinn

I failed to mention that I don't use pleated filters.

Anyway, the next time I change water and filters, I'll rearrange per your recommendation.

I appreciate it!

Steve