Easily the best and most significant sonic tweak one could ever make!

Well hearing aids of course (if you need them and many don’t realize they do). I was diagnosed with asymmetrical hearing loss in my right ear over a year ago at only age 52. Entirely in the upper frequency. (As hearing loss per my ENT is almost always symmetrical, the protocol for this unusual diagnosis is a MRI brain scan to rule out a tumor; thank God everything was normal there).

Anyway, while expensive (partially covered by Insurance in most plans in the States), the different listening to music is in absolute terms startling. The proverbial veil is wayyyyy lifted particularly on lyrics but really the whole presentation is improved from the midrange thru to the top registers.

Keep this in mind before upgrading your electronics or speakers and perhaps instead upgrade the most critical precision instrument....your ears! I share this and if it helps one member on here, well that would be really great.
aj523
I am soon to turn 73 and suffer from what I consider "mild" hearing loss.
My left ear is down about 40% compared to my right.
I am fortunate that I ran across a Hearing aid training study at one of our local medical schools. Highly ranked institution, usually in the top 5 in the country. It is a 10 week trial designed to teach people to use their aids for maximum benefit. If I make it through to the end of the study, I get to keep the instruments.
Someone earlier mentioned using them only occasionally. What I'm learning is that consistent use is required to train the brain to recognize the new sounds you're hearing and create new auditory pathways in your brain. The jury is still out as we are only about half way through the program but hey, what's not to like about free.

LJK
Best Tweak . Save your money invest and put the cash in the bank. You might need for a rainy day
Does anyone use, "Bone Conduction Transducers", with or without,  "EQ,", and/or, "Signal Processing"? Just wondering where that particular technology is at the moment. But also, where is it going?
Wondering about applications in both "H.A.", and also, "HiFi", as well. 
    At the last "Axpona", which was actually held, I do remember some rather large adds involving this, (Not so new), "Tech", as I walked through. And there was some talk about this also, as I remember it. That talk, "Touting", it's use in the realm of, "HiFi". 
 The only one's of this type, "Bone conduction transducers", that I have used worked great and they simply, "Amazed", "Everyone", at that time. But this was back in the very early 80's. "USN".
    Anyone? 
aj523,

Sorry I am late to the party, but  found your post both informative and fascinating.  Having similar issues and preconceived the outcome (probably wrongly) -  so I am sincerely hoping you could PM me if you have time as I’d truly appreciate your input on this topic. 
Thanks.

Frank