Anyone Get a Degritter for Xmas?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and would love to hear owner experiences!
dhcod
Not an owner yet but doing my research I most likely am buying it..I been using Spin clean for a while and some what happy with my results..BUT. Degritter might not be the BEST machine,, but it will sure be ALOT better than spin clean. I'm getting tired cleaning records it can be a lot of work and time..i know it a lot of money but I want to just relax and let a machine do all the work..thats just my personal opinion....

I picked one up a few months ago and count not be happier. Obvious sonic improvement - even on clean, brand new records.
cerrot
I picked one up a few months ago and count not be happier. Obvious sonic improvement - even on clean, brand new records.
I don’t have a Degritter - I use a Klaudio US machine - but your experience doesn’t surprise me at all. LPs aren’t pressed in clean rooms, so even new ones have some dust or other contaminants on them. And there is dust in even the cleanest homes; if you need proof, just observe any sunbeam streaming through a window. Dry brushes can remove only the most obvious dust. And the "sweep arm" type brushes actually grind some of the dust into the LP surface. They should only be used on LPs that have been properly cleaned first, if at all. I find them useless. They can be a Band Aid for static problems, but I don’t think they’re the best solution even for that.

Visible dust on your stylus is proof that your records aren’t clean. It’s amazed me for years that many audiophiles have never heard a truly clean record.

Somebody told me to play a new record once before cleaning. The stylus will loosen up some ground in debris. However, one would think that cleaning also helps protect your stylus.

The defroster is on my list for 2021

I have had a Degritter for a week. I was prepared for some improvement in my playback after reading the many reviews and watching many YouTube video. 

I was quite unprepared at how much better everything sounds after a run through the degritter. A tape quality silence on a clean record free of any scratches.

Considering the increase in sonic quality (not subtle) it is real value for money.