When does my class Atoll IN200 A/B integrated switch from class A to class B?

I have an Atoll IN200 integrated amp (earlier version of this: https://www.atoll-electronique.com/en/products/integrated/integrated-in200sig/)

Having read a lot of praise about class A power, I’m wondering how to tell from specs when my integrated likely needs to switch from class A to class B?

The reason I’m curious is that I’m still wondering how my speakers might sound with a pure class A amplifier (such as Pass, etc.) but perhaps the integrated I have is already demonstrating much of that if there is a long enough delivery of class A power from it already? My speakers are 8 ohms, 87 db sensitivity, standmounts.

I apologize if this question is too simple; I hope I’ve posed it clearly.

P.S. This is not about dissatisfaction with my integrated or other gear (I have tubes, too). It's really just part of a longer term attempt to understand how different power sources change the character of a system, particularly the speakers.
128x128hilde45
I think they are jerking you around. Eliminating the electrical insulating material between the transistor and heatsink will reduce the thermal impedance, allowing a bit more of the transistors heat to be transferred to the heatsink, but this doesn't change the laws of thermodynamics. The heat still has to go somewhere. 

This would allow the heatsinks to run a little hotter without risk of damaging the transistors - say 60 or 65 degrees C. But even so, heatsinks this small would not allow nearly enough heat to be dissipated for 40W class A operation. And your case would be so hot that you wouldn't be able to touch it for more than a second or two.

Take a look at the Pass Int-60. This is rated at only 60w/ch into 8 ohm (although that's pretty conservative) and has rail voltages considerably less than your amp, which means the transistors need to dissipate less power at the same idle current. The Int-60 will do class A up to 30w/ch. Now take a look at the size of the heatsinks on this amp. 
Yes.  10W sounds exactly right for the '400 model.

Coda is an interesting company in that it has models with different flavors, i.e. with different levels of class A operation.  Unfortunately this isn't a switch on the face plate; you choose which version when ordering.
Coda uses three different taps on the transformer to achieve their versions. I have the CSiB integrated in V1 which is 150 watts into 8 ohms but with class A up to 18 watts, the V3 is 400 watts into 8 ohms and class A to 8 watt. So a unit can be adjusted to one of three versions, the correct transformer tap soldered in place and the bias set, all performed at the factory, not a user adjustment. 

I also have a Pass INT-60 which is class A to 30 watts, both wonderful units. Weighs in at 90 + lbs.

I agree with what most have said that your unit is likely class A to 10 watts or less.

The most important thing is how it sounds to you!

hilde45
When does my class Atoll IN200 A/B integrated switch from class A to class B?

Looking at the size of the heat sinks https://ibb.co/1LXDhKt and the rail volts needed for Class-B 120w output, your lucky to have a couple of watts of Class-A

Because of the high rail volts needed for 120w of class-B, the heat dissipation of Class-A goes up exponentially as the rails volts rise for Class-B.

Think this way, if you have a 10w Class-A "only" amp (no B) the heat is X
If that same amp is still 10w Class-A ((but 120w of B) then the heat is far far higher.

Like I said your lucky to have a couple of watts of Class-A (sorry probably not what you wanted to hear) 

Cheers George
Thank you George and others. You have told me what I wanted to hear, namely the truth with explanations. I did not buy this amplifier with the expectation that it would be class a for very many watts.

I think this inquiry has taught me something also about what this company is willing to say even when they know that it is being repeated into a forum.

If I have more dialogue with them I may just share it with you because it's kind of amazing how long they are willing to stick with this line of bs.