Sofia Electric Blue 6SN7

Just received a pair of these this morning and to say I'm delighted is an understatement.At $99 per tube I was so hoping it wouldn't turn out to be a mistake.Big sigh of relief and a bigger smile.After fooling around with various tubes,footers,and cables trying to clear up what I was hearing as a congested midrange when there were multiple instruments,this tube has done it.

I replaced the Sylvania 'bad boy' driver tube in my Aric Audio Transcend amp just to get a feel for the sound before removing the bazillion tiny screws in the LTA MZ2 to try them there.Well it's staying right where it is in the amp.The mids cleaned up immediately and the entire presentation seems faster and even more dynamic.The vocals retain their sweetness with no excess sibilance.I recently tried a new EH in that position and also in the MZ2 which gave me the clarity but they were relentlessly hyper detailed.
I have read some cautionary tales about Sofia tube's reliability but they mostly involved power tubes, so fingers crossed.I'll update if any problems surface.So far my perfect tube compliment is one Sofia blue 6SN7,two Sylvania 6SN7,four (new)Tung Sol KT150 power tubes in the amp.The pre has two 12AT7 Sylvanias and two (new)Tung Sol 6SN7.
128x128jtcf
Hey there,

Ive been running a "Grade A" Sophia Electric 6sn7 Blue glass in my Icon Audio PS3 MK II for about the past 7 months. It sounds great! In my opinion it sounds better than the David Shaw CV 181 "HIFI Vale" that came with the unit. However, just yesterday, it failed me. One of the triodes crap  the bed, the right channel in this case. I got a loud pop and then there was next to no audio passing through the right channel. it was at this point that i had also noticed microphonics from it. So a nearly $200 tube for 7 months that could have damaged other components in my rig while it was at it. Unfortunately, id say in my experience here, they are unreliable. I emailed Sophia Electric and explained this to them and asked them for an exchange for a new tube or a discount on a new one or something to help me out here even though its out of the stock 30 day warranty; well see what they have to say, ill keep you guys posted if anyone is interested.
I was thinking about buying a pair of these, so I'm definitely interested in what Sophia Electric had to say.  I've been using pairs of both their (so called) Mesh Plate 274B's and Royal Princess 300B's for the last few years and no problems. But I'm about to switch to some NOS STC (~1962) 300B's, and they make the Royal Princess' seem really cheap!  I have some NOS Mullard ECC32's, but I'd much rather save them.
Sophia is good about backing up their tubes, but my experience was also that they were unreliable.  I no longer have any and stick to buying NOS tubes.
I bought a pair of the blue 6SN7 tubes to try in my M-60's which use a total of 4 6SN7s.  I went with the C grade tubes which were ~100 each.  One failed at about 6 months, but the other one is still going strong a year and a half later.  My tubes don't need to be matched, so I just bought a single tube to replace the one that failed.  This time I got a B grade with a 1 year warranty.   They are great sounding tubes, but reliability issues makes this a roll of the dice.  The Shuguang WE + tubes   or the Psvane globes may be a better choice if you can make them fit.  They are both large tubes. 

I realize this is an old thread but does anybody know where I can buy the Sophia Electric Blue Glass 6SN7 tubes?  They seem to have vanished from the market.