Bluesound Vault Restore from Backup

To those of you out there using the Bluesound vault and the Bluesound back up software to backup all your music to an external HD, has anyone had to restore some or all your music from your back up? If yes, I would love to hear about your experiences.

llarry
@llarry You are right, I do have it backed up, twice in fact. But when I wanted to reuse the first backup drive, it turns out you can’t reuse them. So basically I’m going to either end up with multiple backups on multiple drives or see what happens when I try to back it up to a PC directly. 

here’s what I’ve learned about their Backup: since they’re backup software is proprietary and you cannot see what’s on it you have to trust that when your vault crashes their restore feature will work. If you are overly cautious, like me, get another external drive, attach it to your computer and just copy the “music” folder over to it. Better to be safe than sorry in my book. I would not want to find out, after burning over 1000 CDs, that their backup doesn’t work.  

Good news on BluOS proprietary backup. After burning approximately 200 CDs, the unit belched out what looked like a gasket or a belt with the last CD that I burned. Not getting any response from bluesound’s tech-support, I called the dealer, who gladly, and thankfully, took back the unit and sent me a new one. Prior to returning the old unit, I took a backup. After setting up the new unit, I did the restore and all went well. It restored all of the music that I had burned on the previous unit.