Placing turntable on top of fireplace mantle?

My room doesn't have a ton of space, my fireplace mantle is very solid and stable, and it does not get hot to the touch (have tested this already)

Any negatives to placing it here? Previously I was using a wall shelf, (pictured in the second and third pictures), but placing it on the mantle would take up even less space in the room. Just wondering if I will have any additional vibrations which could cause reduction in sound quality by using the mantle instead of my old wall shelf.

See pictures (note I just moved so things are a mess and not set up yet):

https://imgur.com/a/x2Jhf1Z

nemesis1218
Looks good, except for the chimney. When you see the word "chimney" think great big tuning fork going through the roof picking up every vibration from wind, rain, etc. Not saying its bad just think about it, nowhere near as good as it might seem. Still, a good solid base probably better than most racks. Replace the turntable cones with springs, preferably Townshend Pods, and you should have the best of both worlds- stable base, isolation from structure-borne vibration.
Is that an active fire place, do you use it? That corner and a TT it is really gonna collect the bass? Am I missing something?  I think it looks beautiful, I'm just not sure for a TT.  How is the ol knock test. There is a lot of insulation for the flue and, shielded too, I bet.  Pros and Cons, ay

Great place for a horn loaded sub.. Big boom boom, in the room room..
If your not using it, if you're using the fire place, my TT really wouldn't be there, no way.. My TT are industrial, OK, they are gigantic rim drives..
Still to close to the fire to close to the corner... 10 foot ceilings would help.

I don't do TT in corners UNLES it's in the closet or the next room, the exception being a stepped corner. Kinda asking for trouble..
BUT I usually err on the side of EXTREME caution. 

Very clean, gosh...nice looking..man oh man..

Regards
Go for it. All the naysaying is based on pure speculation and worst case scenarios. Let us know how it actually works out.
I think an easy test for potential turntable placement is to place half a glass of water in the intended spot and walk around the area.  The water should remain almost perfectly still.  If it wobbles, pick someplace else. Now, the stuff about the corners and the heat is another story.  
How about just put the freakin' turntable there and listen to some music? (No disrespect intended, Chayro.)
Or, you could hit it with a hammer, pour water on it, wait for 100 mph winds to blow across your chimney, light a roaring fire and feed it with gasoline. (I must be in a bad mood.  Sorry.)