To Roon or not

For the past few years I have been using a LuminT2 w/ Qobuz and it's copacetic. 

Happy with the sound. Ok with the software. Not happy with having to pull up a browser to search for information about the artists or have similar music/artists be at the ready to explore. 

Back when Roon didn’t work with Qobuz. Now it does.

In my testing I think the native Lumin software sounds better (fuller, richer) that when using Roon. 

A few questions please. I’m looking for secret sauce settings.

Are there MQA setting(s) that I might be better off using? Currently set to “render only.”

Use the Roon DSP?

Sample Rate Conversion Settings?

I’m using an iPad that sees the Roon core on a computer else where in the house. If I can't tell any sound difference then an old computer can serve as the core. The iPad also runs my Amp/Lumin with split view and that's great. For some reason Roon will not work with split view?

128x128wsrrsw
I've been very happy with Roon. After my annual subscription expired, I opted for the lifetime subscription (about 1 1/2 years ago). Roon has made a number of improvements since I've started using it. 

This spring, I built a new Roon server based on their Roon ROCK software running on a NUC in a fanless case. It's great that they offer this software for no charge (once you have Roon), making it possible to build a high quality music server with linear power supply for under $1K. 

I have found more great music in the last two years using Roon than I found in the previous 20. The sound quality is excellent, and the built in DSP functionality provides a lot of flexibility.

I also really like being able to control multiple zones around my house and be able to sync. While this is certainly possible with Sonos or BlueSound, devices that use Sonos or Bluesound don't have anywhere near the sound quality that is available with Roon devices. 
They have a black Friday sale. $1 for 3 months subscription. Give it a shot.

Eating my words now..Using Roon/Nucleus and it’s a better interface than the native Qobuz app (that has improved too). I hear no SQ differnce. Yes Roon is down a BD (not sure why) but that be pushed up if one feels they must.

I cancelled Roon over a year ago because the Auralic Aries G1 sounded better w/Lightning DS than with Roon. I now have Lumin U1 Mini and decided to give Roon another shot and I must say this time around it’s a keeper!

Sound quality is great, awesome UI (Lumin app is primitive in comparison) and love the Roon radio station feature for music discovery.

I don’t have an MQA DAC so I let Roon handle these duties. I don’t use DSP.