Denon DA 307 and DA 309

Hi, anyone know the effective mass of these tonearms?

Cheers
128x128best-groove
Yes, the difference between XSV/3000 and XSV/3000-SP is compliance, the SP is lower compliance 15cu vs. 30cu for XSV/3000. So the tracking force is higher for SP version (2g is recommended, read the manual). 
VTF is not always or necessarily inversely proportional to compliance, but in this case I guess it is, if Chak says so. Also, historically many users removed those brushes from the Pickering and Stanton cartridges prior to use. If you consult the Internet you might find out why they did that. I really don’t remember myself. But I do own several of the exotic Pickering and Stanton cartridges, and I do remove the brush when I use them. For me, it just removes a level of complication and uncertainty that I would rather not deal with. When I mentioned the difficulty of setting the VTA with a tonearm that requires set screws on the vertical shaft to hold and secure the VTA, I was only referring to the fact that you somehow have to find the correct setting and hold the tonearm exactly at that height while also tightening the set screws. I remember when I purchased my Triplanar tonearm probably in the late 80s or early 90s, what a godsend that was for setting VTA.
luisma31
... Measured VTA, it is at 89 degrees, I need to readjust ...
Hmmm, something is not right. You are probably measuring the wrong thing - VTA should be somewhere around 20 degrees.

VTA/SRA is properly explained here.
I use all Stanton and Pickering with brush and all of them are fine and the sound is fantastic with recommended settings of VTA w/ brush.