Is this the solution to LP static issues?? Seems to be!

Last night i was listening to a superb original RCA white dog pressing of Lena Horne and Harry Belafonte ( if you can source this, i highly recommend it!) 
I noticed that all of my prior LP's were exhibiting considerable static attraction to my felt mat on my LP12. Not this one!!! How come, since the LP was played at the same time as the others, in the same system, the same room temperature etc.?? I noticed on the cover of the album the following large sticker: Miracle Surface, This record contains the revolutionary new antistatic ingredient, 317X, which helps keep the record dust free, helps prevent surface noise, helps insure faithful sound reproduction on Living Stereo.  

Whatever this additive is that was put on this album back in 1959 sure works well!! Anyone know what 317X is?? Why are we NOT using this stuff today??
128x128daveyf
So I was right, its mixed in the vinyl. Next thing, why assume no one does this any more? Some may well be doing it (or something like it) and just not advertising it. This would certainly explain my experience of some records being incredibly charged while others are completely free of static even without me doing anything. I never paid attention to which are which because this never occurred to me before. Now that I think about it though some records a speck of dust blows right off- no charge. Some a shot of Zerostat will liberate, while others are so highly charged almost nothing will get them off. Now I will have to start paying attention and see which particular records are which.

One more thing to do. As if I needed that. Thanks. Thanks a lot. ;)
Hello,
propylene glycol is the product that Kirmus uses. I have been cleaning my collection using this machine and method. At the very end you spray the brush with a few light sprays, spin the record on your platter, and then lightly drag the brush with the solution. I am sure we can do this every once in a while ourselves. 
In the late 1987 I bought a Well Tempered TT/TA with an acrylic platter, no mat, and a vicous oil damped main bearing and tonearm bearing.  Ever since then I have NEVER ONCE experienced any static buildup, static discharges or any of the many other static-related phenomena commonly experienced before that with SOTA, Linn, Technics, HK ST-7, Dual, Rabco, 'tables and arms.  Needless to say, I still spin my platters on the WTTT/TA!  I also put all my records in high quality sleeves...I bought a box of 1000 from a local record company to get a low cost/sleeve.  That may have helped, too.
@whart,

Thanks - I did a deep dive into static a few months ago, so I was familiar with the background and the applicable sources.  Based on the deep-dive, I identified a material that I am now using as a record mat along with grounding the platter bearing that for now has pretty much eliminated any problem I may have had with static (I deep wet clean all records) and the material has damping qualities that benefit the acoustics - win-win; you can read details here if interested -   vpiforum.com • View topic - Anti-Static Record Mat with Damping

Best Regards,
Neil