BlueSound Stinks(!), anyone?

I am looking for your help.  We recently switched from Sonos to BlueSound to get higher streaming rates.  So far we have had consistent problems and issues(!!).  Specifically, about 50% of the time my and my wife's BlueSound app does not recognize the Node 2i's.  When I delete the app, reinstall it and reconnect the Nodes, we again have the same problems at least 50% of the time.  It is simply a joke of a product and I find we are not alone.  I have tried just about everything.

Also, when I go online to get help, I find that I am not alone and there is a tsunami of negative (to the degree of very hostile) comments about BlueSound and for the most part it is the same issue.  I have tried just about everything and I am about to simply trash/sell mine and go back to Sonos.  If I do go back to Sonos, I will also leave a stream of bad comments on every forum I can since going back to Sonos will represent a big financial loss to me simply because Bluesound is an irresponsible/deceptive company at my expense.

Alternatively, I just want it to reliably work.  Do you you have and advice and/or guidance to get Bluesound to reliably work?  Is there a better alternative to to get higher bit rates thank Bluesound?

Thank you in advance for your help.  Dave

butterman
Hello,
As many have pointed out about the WiFi problems it is a concern. A lot of people do not know that internet companies can choke the speed of the internet companies supplied routers. I specifically asked for no router and they sent a combo unit anyway. I upgraded the router to the eero mesh router. You only need to wire one of the three. If you can wire all three that’s even better. It also lets you control what is using the internet via the app. I hooked up my BlueSound wireless and it works great. We all have so many devices working off WiFi. With the everyone being home so much more and the internet companies choking the speed the supplied Router has no chance. Just for !@&! And giggles. Unplug your WiFi modem for one minute. Plug it back in. You internet works so much better. 
If you want higher streaming rates, then chances are, you'll need (or want) to upgrade your network capacity. Maybe faster service, a better router(s), or wired connections. With the Node2i wired directly to an Orbi satellite, it worked fine for me. 
Back to, "Old Reliable"!
  I have wasted more resources, "Especially of my time"!
Attempting to integrate a, "streaming" capability into my rig than you would probably believe. Because in my mind? There is absolutely NO point in doing so unless it will sound "At Least" as fine as a "Wired", connection. I do not believe it exists at this time.
I had waited, and waited. Long have I waited to acquire this type of connection. And for many reasons.
   Alas, I wait still. As my last purchase in this endeavor.
The much hyped, "Blusound, Node2i", at the time of it's debut left me thinking I had received a bad unit. 
     But since I had purchased three....
Two days later and I I was done.
It, the much hyped, "Node2i", was "All Hype". And it had left me "Raging" at the whole industry. "Whether they were part of the marketing hype machination", "or  not". That hype which led me to finally take, "The Leap". into the world of,
"Consumer Home teaming". And for over two years before this I had tried just about every piece of "Streaming", gear available to me. In all of the possible configurations, and went through so much gear, so fast, that it completely filled the room adjacent, :"Home office" and I couldn't open the door as part of the :"Pile", had "self adjusted".
Finally? Back to a wired topology!
But now with DAC's galore!
And the "Hype"? 
It simply said that the damned thing actually worked correctly!
The tech. as of right now just simply isn't, "There", currently.
  I'll give it two more years until I would seriously even consider it again.
If you, "Want" that convenience now?
More power to ya, and good luck.

Disagree.

When it works. It doesn't stink. It actually sounds quite good.

Although, i do think they need to make their own remote device. I also have problems with bluetooth connectivity every time I start it up. Again it alk comes down to problems shaking hands with others. Sign of the times?
I went through a monthlong period where I got constant error messages on my BluOS app. Coincided with an upgrade from conventional network to Eero mesh. Hours of phone support calls to Bluesound, RCN, Eero later, one support person from Eero finally asked me what modem I was using...yup, that was the problem...SB6183 has bad firmware, never fixed. A new Motorola solved it. Now it works flawlessly. Wired with CAT5 (not even 5e) through an unmanaged switch to my EeroPro.