Speaker design, KenjiT and others.

After following these threads for a long time the common theme seems to be that there is no perfect speaker to reproduce sound. What I find a bit ironic in these discussions is that so much sound that we hear comes from speakers. For example pretty much any electronic sound you have heard before has come from a speaker of some kind. Pretty much any live show you have been to has either been supplemented by or sent to you via speakers. So what is this elusive experience that KenjiT claims may or may not exist?
Is it also like this? Most of what we see today is not driven by the sun but by light bulbs or a light emitting device. Yes there is really bad lighting in some places but when lighting is excellent are we really that  troubled by it not being like the sun?
128x128todd_segal
I have always told my friends that a speaker cannot reproduce live instruments sound.  Piano, sax, or electric guitar.  But that does not mean that I cannot enjoy what I am hearing and isn't that what all this is about?  If you think you can get a system to reproduce musical instruments perfectly, I would love to heat that.  I can bring over my old beat up less Paul and Marshalls and play along!  But I do love what my system sounds like so I am a happy camper!

Happy Listening.
That’s sort of my point is there is something ironic about thinking every speaker is flawed when the sounds coming out of your electric guitar amp are through speakers. As a guitar player myself I understand the intensity of a guitar amp is hard to reproduce but sound reinforcement such as live concerts and famously the Grateful Dead shows were able to this albeit with a ton of speakers and air movement. 
Everyone hears perfectly at sometime in their lives. Perhaps we don’t know it at the time, but Kenjit’s statement is badly assumed and presumptuous. Typical of an ignorant person talking about something he obviously knows nothing about.
Is it about chasing perfection, or merely being able to accurately reproduce the signal picked up by the microphones?

99% of loudspeakers (a guess) cannot reproduce the entire bandwidth of the signal they're fed. 

The vast majority start to struggle with bass below 50Hz. Yet we can all hear 30Hz, can't we? Even if most recordings don't have much below 60Hz, we still want to hear it when they do, don't we?

That should be a standard, shouldn't it? If not then a suitable subwoofer should be recommended by the manufacturer, shouldn't it?

If not, then surely any claim of being a high quality transducer are invalid, aren't they?

Since we cannot hear above 20kHz (and many of us not even above 15kHz) then there's little need for any loudspeaker to remain flat up to 70kHz, although it's no doubt a nice attribute to have.

For sure, we can live with a facsimile reproduction of the original signal (most do), just as we can live with artificial light, (right now in the UK the natural light is nothing to write home about) but in both cases a better facsimile is more desirable, isn't it?