YouTube video music

Listen/watch music stream and now they go through my avr and then onto a smart tv. I listen to these vids in stereo mode, and they sound good.

I have a analogue stereo preamp.  Any creative way to have the music flow thru this preamp to tak advantage of preamp benefits, or is this strictly a digital signal, although it becomes analogue before it leaves avr to reach speakers. 
I have a standalone dac but no hdmi port. Only usb.

thanks
emergingsoul
Lots of confusion herein. 
 Simply stated, sound quality from youtube music vids  is quite impressive when streamed thru Apple TV.  Very comparable to streaming thru a nucleus using qobuz with both being hooked into a high end hifi system.

speaks to value of a quality signal coming thru any system.

thankful to youtube efforts.

emergingsoul
... sound quality from youtube music vids is quite impressive when streamed thru Apple TV. Very comparable to streaming thru a nucleus using qobuz...
Really? I had no idea! Youtube has always sounded rather lossy to me. Does Apple TV somehow get a different stream than would otherwise be available?
Really? I had no idea! Youtube has always sounded rather lossy to me. Does Apple TV somehow get a different stream than would otherwise be available?
Are you streaming youtube from a device such as Roku or Amazon firestick?  Like I said before, the youtube app on these really sucks and you get all the "lossy" type of audio and video from this.  Computer web browser is superior, but if you're still getting "lossy" sound, then your computer audio system is not high enough level.

last night, hopping about YouTube, favorite/familiar music videos, Google Chrome browser beat Firefox slightly, the reverse of the prior night’s slight advantage to Firefox.

Sorry, no clues. Things may have changed in the last couple of years. When youtube stopped support for IE 6.0, I had to figure out a new browser. At that time, there was significant difference between the browsers. Maybe Chrome has improved?

SSD – this was just an idea to make the slimline quieter and reduce the computer’s power supply requirements. There may be a little improvement in sound quality because you are removing any electrical noise that hard drive motor, but that may not be noticeable.

CAD AND PHOTO EDITING really don’t require a powerful video card. They mostly depend on memory and cpu. It’s not until you get into stuff like 3D rendering or video editing / rendering or gaming that the video card becomes critical.

DIGITAL MUSIC – I’m not sure what you mean by “Isn’t the AV on the Macintosh motherboard involved?”. He’s just using the screen on the Macintosh to run media player software to “play” his music files or stream from a service such as Pandora. He’s likely doing a digital audio output using USB connection to a DAC.

If so, then no matter what streamer/lack of compression/___? isn’t the quality already set/converted/limited by the motherboard before a separate DAC?
Yes, if he’s streaming from Pandora or iHeartRadio or something, it is likely compressed. If he’s using Tidal, he may be streaming uncompressed and high-resolution audio.

Anything saved on HD is a certain digital quality. Any streaming service software is a certain quality. Still, going thru motherboard’s AV in/out?
You would think this and many still believe that data is data and there’s no difference in digital data between any platform. However, there is significant different in sound quality depending on what device is generating the digital pulses going to the DAC (or the digital pulses through HDMI to your Sony AVR). We get into a big discussion on getting a good clean power supply, circuits that clock the digital signal properly and the transmitter chips that generate the pulses onto the digital cable. There is a LOT of room to improve from a basic Macintosh laptop. Laptop is really not the best option here because it’s using a switching power supply adapter (unless you run it while on battery only). You cannot put in upgraded digital audio cards (such as JCAT USB card or a Pink Faun S/PDIF bridge card).

auxinput
Are you streaming youtube from a device such as Roku or Amazon firestick? Like I said before, the youtube app on these really sucks and you get all the "lossy" type of audio and video from this. Computer web browser is superior, but if you're still getting "lossy" sound, then your computer audio system is not high enough level.
YT sounds at least a bit lossy to me no matter how I stream it. Are you claiming your Apple TV yields lossless and hi-res from YT? Do you pay a premium to subscribe to that?