YouTube video music

Listen/watch music stream and now they go through my avr and then onto a smart tv. I listen to these vids in stereo mode, and they sound good.

I have a analogue stereo preamp.  Any creative way to have the music flow thru this preamp to tak advantage of preamp benefits, or is this strictly a digital signal, although it becomes analogue before it leaves avr to reach speakers. 
I have a standalone dac but no hdmi port. Only usb.

thanks
emergingsoul
Seems what you need is method for separate inputs, then out to AVR amps.

For many years I have a separate PC in my small HT, you would be surprized how good it sounds.

I use a usb wireless chicklet remote control, same size as other remotes, small keyboard, 2 pairs of separate mouse buttons, small trackpad, on/off to save batteries. New Smart TV, I use it less, but for you a PC would give you multi-source,

before Smart TV’s got good. 2 Channel sound on the motherboard to avoid fan noise from a separate sound/video card (those only needed for demanding games).

Send PC Video and Audio Out (via RCA, or USB or HDMI) to AVR separate Input.

Newer PC’s receive/send via HDMI, like the one in my office.

It has several separate front and rear USB nputs into the PC, built in Blu-Ray DVD for Music Videos, Movies

Internal or External, or Networked Hard Drive(s).

I access Pandora, YouTube, Stream Videos with involving music.

btw, I often try 5.1 via DVR in 2 channel mode, and a lot sounds better I find. Music TV shows, Voice, x Factor, Songland; ,,,,, Donna watches Dancing with the Stars, ... sound important for it.

Youtube videos actually have quite excellent sound quality, especially if you configure the player to do higher resolution such as 720p or 1080p. However, if you are using a streaming device such as Roku or Amazon Firestick FireTV, etc, the Youtube app on these devices is absolute crap. The usability is very poor. The audio and video quality is absolutely horrid, even if you have an excellent internet connection. This is really weird because the streaming apps for other things (such as netflix, etc.) are really excellent. It’s just the Youtube app that is written poorly.

Using a computer web browser will give you superior results on this every single time for Youtube!!! You can manually set the resolution in the player within the web browser and searching/usability is obviously superior. You don’t need an expensive high performance computer for this either. A cheap low end computer will be just fine for Youtube streaming. There are a few ways to approach this:

1. Mac Mini - You can get an older generation Mac Mini for a couple hundred bucks and this will do just fine, or get something newer if you want. These generally have both HDMI and USB output, so you can use your external DAC if you want.

2. Mini PC running Windows 10. The "Mini PC" or Intel NUC devices are the PC version of Mac Mini. They generally have both HDMI and USB outputs. You can get one of these for as cheap as a hundred bucks if you look around (i.e. ebay).

3. Mini Tower PC running Windows 10. You will probably spend at least a couple hundred dollars or more for something like this. But it allows for a higher quality solution. Get a cheap video card with HDMI if the PC is missing an HDMI. You can add a high end sound card, such as Asus Xonar Essence or EVGA Nu Audio (sound card is essentially a DAC with RCA analog outputs). Alternative, you can even go as far as a JCAT USB card to produce a cleaner higher quality USB output for your external DAC.

If you decide to go with the PC Windows 10 route, install Firefox browser for Youtube. The Firefox browser actually gives the best audio quality from this platform (yes, there is a significant difference in audio quality between Firefox / Chrome / Microsoft Explorer / Edge). You can still route HDMI output of this to your AVR if you wish.
auxinput

thanks, I just downloaded Firefox, hopped about YouTube music videos

Firefox is definitely better than YouTube via Google

I'm going downstairs to download it onto my PC into my HT, and compare the Smart TV's YouTube to the PC's Firefox YouTube
@elliottbnewcombjr - are you running an Intel or AMD cpu? What video card are you using?
I use a PC with Intel Audio and Intel Video on the Motherboard to avoid the need for a separate video card and it’s heat which activates fan noise.

You simply do not know it is on.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737506

Integrated audio
  • Audio Codec: ALC3863-CG
  • High Definition (Azalia) 5.1 channel audio support
    NOTE: The motherboard supports 5.1 surround sound. If the computer does not have the required audio jacks for a 5.1 configuration, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.
  • Audio jack presence detection
    NOTE: An internal speaker is not included with integrated audio. External speakers or headphones are required to hear sound.
    NOTE: Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.

You can use it horizontal as I do, smaller than a AVR. HDMI out to AVR ’game’ input.

I use a wireless mini keypad/touchpad/mouse buttons to control the pc from the sofa. Mine is batteries, this one is rechargeable. Size of a small thin remote.

https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Lightweight-Controller/dp/B00I5SW8MC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=...

I do keep a full size wired keyboard and wired mouse on top of the PC in it’s horizontal position, for the few times I might need them.

I have the identical PC for my office, also quiet, and it’s hard drive is extremely quiet, very important when sitting right next to it.

Permanent Full Size Keyboard and Trackball in the office. I just overhauled my office for much improved audio, especially imaging, chair and monitor dead on the center of the speakers. Speakers and Monitor and seated Ear Height all perfectly aligned horizontally.

Headphone jack to RCA to Chase Remote Line Controller (remote switch/volume/balance), to Carver Amp to B&W bookshelf pair and Velodyne Sub. TT, R2R, perfect listening triangle, so I am in a great position to hear the benefit of Firefox better YouTube audio over Google Chrome’s audio which is pretty enjoyable itself.

I installed Firefox downstairs in the small HT, it also seems better than Google Chrome audio.

Downstairs, Smart TV, I haven’t been using the PC like I needed in the past, but now I will compare Firefox sound to Smart TV’s sound, always thru my AVR to 5.1 system.