.2mv vs .4mv out for LOMC into 60db gain phono stage?

Need some guidance here. 
Blew out my Audio Technica ART9(.5mv), not considering a SS retip.

Want to try the new ART9XA , which is the successor to the older ART7. Always wanted to try the ART7, but much too low without going stepup. The new ART7(ARTXA) has a bumped up output of .2mv compared to 1.2mv.
This was a $600 cart years ago.

I've used a cart with a stated .4mv no problem. I'm wondering if I could get by just cranking the volume on the integrated(Prima Luna HP) a little more?  Is 200 microvolts output more from the phonostage(60db mc setting) versus making it up at the volume control of the PL that critical to SQ?  I have no plans for transformer/interconnect investment.

Interesting videos.
Maybe not the best way to show their true capabilities, but you can get the idea?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QA1jw5Pj7Y&feature=youtu.be
Would you by a $5K cart based on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg38Vc5pXJ8
I've heard the mighty ART1000 on a proper system. It delivers the goods-it didn't have the associated "AT sound ". I would say "more believable "presentation.  It would be my next cart if I had a completely updated rig$$. The ART1000 is a very exotic looking design.
Being that LP Gear's focus is on carts, I suppose that's  why it's not on a $10K+ setup. 

Suggestions of carts up to $1K in the NOT usual suspects welcome. I've also used Sumiko Blackbird, Kiseki Blue($2.5K).
Supporting Cast-VPI Classic, Fosgate V2 phonostage, PL HP.
Using a backup Soundsmith Otello MI. Really nice $400 cart. It's just not a...$1k+ cart. For kicks, my "backup to the backup" $50 Ortofon OM5 was actually listenable! 

In the meantime, revisiting the CD collection via Denafrips Ares-Cambridge Audio 550c(Mapleshade tweaked). Perfect sound! Everything is there but in a different way.  Not "the last word" in emotional truth, which only the finest digital setups approach, IMHO.

Enjoy our new quarantine! Thanks, in advance.

tablejockey
Dear @tablejockey  : The one to go is for the XA that its design comes with no magnetic core and obviously less coil wire windings. These characteristics makes a superior alternative to  the X1.

Your phono has 60db gain and any integrated/line stage has at least additional 10db and from there the signal goes to the integarted amp.

I don't think you can have problems on gain issue but the best you can do is to put in contact with Prima Luna and ask about ask on the gain  spec line stage that should be separated og the amplifier gain.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I have an ART9XA on order and will be using 64db of gain. Possibly the bare minimum I would run.
I ran a .3 mv cartridge successfully with 60 db gain.  The comparable calculation for .2mv is 63.5 db.  
I definitely lost dynamics when I played 0.3mV Koetsu into a 60dB phono stage. And that was WITH the benefit gobs of gain on tap in the downstream preamp; it didn't help. So I would be very very hesitant to try 0.2mV into 60dB. Some will probably say it's fine -- they probably always listen below 80dB; I don't by far lol. 

Along with your cartridge, perhaps consider a Hagerman Trumpet MC phono stage. Max gain 68dB, 5 loading settings, 5 gain settings (front panel switchable) and sounds like it costs 4x more. I have one and it's impressive as hell! At 60dB in the Fosgate you will be limited to 0.4mV and up. 
I'm cartridge hunting, and likely will just stay at .5mv choices.

Any killer deal sightings(under $1k), please post!

I'll keep the  ART9(old stock@ $900) in mind if nothing interesting pops up in listings.
.2mV is no good with 60dB gain, for sure. 
Even a .3mV cartridge is better with 72dB!

So your plan, lookimg for a .5mV cartridge sounds like the way to go, IF... you do not have some added 10dB added option from your pre-amp circuit.

Using an SUT is of course the other possibility - but then 40dB+ gain might be preferable in my experience with e.g. a .3mV cartridge. 
M. 🇿🇦