Need really simple advice. How do I use the DAC side of my ARC Ref CD-9SE to stream music?

Ok, ... I just bought an ARC Ref CD-9SE redbook CD player, which has its own built-in DAC functionality.  The CD-9 DAC does not have DSD capability.  The ARC website describes the CD-9's capability in part as follow:

The Reference CD9SE incorporates four digital inputs: USB 2.0HS, AES/EBU, RCA, and Toslink. All inputs handle 24 bit / 192k resolution. The Reference CD9SE retains the Philips PRO2R transport, still the best dedicated CD mechanism that is simply unsurpassed for compact disc playback. Benefitting from what we have learned in the development of the Reference DAC, the REF CD9 utilizes quad 24-bit DACs running in mono mode, with dual master oscillators; one for 44.1/88.2/176.4 sample rates, the other for 48/96/192kHz sample rates. Sample rate conversion is selectable for all inputs, allowing playback in native resolution or via upsampling, including compact disc and all inputs, including USB. Additionally, there is a selectable digital filter, with either fast or slow rolloff. 

I have no idea what any of the glarff quoted above means.  So, ... my simple minded understanding is that I need to sign up for a streaming service, ...  like Spotify, Tidal or something off Amazon.  The CD-9 is very close to an ethernet cable, so that is a good fact.  I assume that I will need a streamer like, Lumin or some other brand that I do not know a thing about, plus some interconnects and maybe a USB cord.  If I need a computer, ... I have a regular PC which has an Intel Core i7 CPU and a solid state hard drive.

So, ... in simple baby talk, how can I stream music from the internet into my CD-9 DAC and then into my ARC Ref 6SE linestage?  Please, please, ... keep it really simple.   

Thanks

bifwynne
Using a PC or Mac Mini is a great way to start.  I used my Mac Mini connected to my Ayre QB-9 DAC with a USB cable (I use Audioquest Diamond since you asked), and played Tidal and Amazon HD streaming services.  I recently replaced it with a Lumin U1 Mini using the same USB cable.

There are tons of ways to stream to your DAC, but the PC is certainly a great way to start.  Streaming is a lot of fun and you will discover all sorts of new music.
Thanks guys.  I like the idea of starting with my PC.  I will check with ARC to see if I can use a regular USB connector from my PC to the CD-9 DAC.  If so, that may be a good way to dip my toe into the streaming waters. 

I am reluctant to drop big bucks on a streamer and associated gizmos until I understand what streaming is about. 

Btw, the CD-9 has a nice redbook CD function.  The CD-9 sounds a bit better than my old ARC CD-8. More resolution and better sound stage.  Very similar ARC house sound though.

Btw, btw, ... the CD-9 can upstream native redbook sampling of 44.1kHz to 176.4kHz. Upstream sampling changes the presentation, ... seems brighter and more detailed.  Not sure I like it better than native redbook sampling.  Any comments in digital-land about the pros and cons of upstreaming the sampling rate? 

Thanks again

I find upsampling to have exactly the same effect in my system. It 
imparts a brighter, thinner & seemingly more detailed presentation but I really don't like it. With critical listening the "detail" and "sense of air" is actually false IMO, and more based on distortions and increased noise than anything else. 

Upsample even more, say to 384K, and it becomes even stranger. 

I think you should be sampling at the original bit/sampling rate, nothing more, nothing less. 
Any old USB cable that fits into your computer and has a square "type b" connector on the other end will work to get you started. Pangea if you feel like buying something with a little care put in, but not expensive enough that you'll worry about resale.
OP

As above, any bog standard USB 2 cable should work.   You won't injure your ARC.   Whether or not getting a pricier USB cable has any value is a subject that gets debated around here.  Being an audiophile, I eventually shelled out for a Pangea cable, and can't say that I noticed any difference.  As you can surmise, one reason that streaming is dominating the market place is that from an expense standpoint, not much required--everyone has a computer and a usb cable.
   One of my first DACs a PSAudio DLinkIII which I must have purchased during the G.W. Bush Presidency did upsampling to 176 and at first I was quite taken with it.  Eventually I came to a few CDs that sounded "thin" upsampled.  My present DAC, a Bryston DAC3 offers upsampling, but I don't like the implementation and the regular DAC sounds fine.  
   As has been said on this thread, many audiophiles are so pleased with the results from their computer into a DAC that they never feel compelled to buy a dedicated streamer.