Audiophile system for Techno and Dance music

Hello fellow audiophiles. What would be your choice of speakers (and other components) for audiophile listening of Techno (!) and Dance music, in a moderate size room ?
128x128bellemusique
Wondering if you’re a fellow German... love some of those artists you mentioned.
Nowhere did I read you need ear-bleeding decibel levels in your moderately sized room. Seems most here equate electronica/techno with clubbing.
Maybe a combo of good, fast, punchy monitors (as "basic" as LS50s or new Meta versions or wireless?) plus 2 Rel T1 subs.
Experimenting with 4 monitors in each corner could be fun for some of this music that is very spacy - you can always turn two off for proper 2 or 2.1 listening? Just chiming in for fun ... I am not speaking from having done this set-up. But I like the music and I love the addition of my Rel sub for ambient, electronica, dub etc
I’m with you on some version of a normal 2 channel setup being able to pull this off while providing amazing holography at a primary listening position. I love what my system does with electronica.

I also agree with folks above that some version of a subwoofer swarm will be a necessary addition to nail the critical 10-100hz needed for the genre. I added a four sub array to my full range coincident PREs and it made a huge difference in my room (8 total 12" drivers across 6 cabinets), but not until I did a bunch of REW measurements and tweaked bass eq, level, and crossover points in a miniDSP. That said, I still have a partial dip at 50hz and every once in a while a song will just pound that weak spot to torture me.

And great stories @oldhvymec. I wish I could have attended.

It’s nice to finally run into a thread where people aren’t just hitting repeat on the same old music (see e.g., the "best live band" thread). Looking forward to listening to some of the bands suggested in here...
Ohh, and obviously I don’t think you need to worry about being perfect down to 10hz, but your subs at least need to bow out gracefully without hitting xmax when pushed (maybe just a problem for me for stupidly over boosting down low early in my home brew setup).

If you’d like an album that tests that sub bass region, give this one a go: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/arca-andandandandand/
If you have two corners in the room...a used pair of Klipshhorns. Another option would be a pair of JBL JRX225 speakers. You could always upgrade the compression driver later. Basically shop at Guitar Center instead of Best Buy. JBL and Crown are owned by Harmon. Those are some "off the shelf" options.

I liked the Altec Voice of the Theater suggestion. I kind of have the same thing going in my basement. I have an Altec VOTT horns and compression drivers sitting on a pair of Decware Imperials with dual 15" drivers. Not everyone is willing to have a pair of speakers that make refrigerators look small. The sacrifice is do worth it.

If you want bass response with impact old school large cabinets with big drivers may be the only way to go. Diy pro speakers with "upgraded" drivers might be the ticket. 

https://billfitzmaurice.info/

Check out his bass "tubas".