To Roon or not

For the past few years I have been using a LuminT2 w/ Qobuz and it's copacetic. 

Happy with the sound. Ok with the software. Not happy with having to pull up a browser to search for information about the artists or have similar music/artists be at the ready to explore. 

Back when Roon didn’t work with Qobuz. Now it does.

In my testing I think the native Lumin software sounds better (fuller, richer) that when using Roon. 

A few questions please. I’m looking for secret sauce settings.

Are there MQA setting(s) that I might be better off using? Currently set to “render only.”

Use the Roon DSP?

Sample Rate Conversion Settings?

I’m using an iPad that sees the Roon core on a computer else where in the house. If I can't tell any sound difference then an old computer can serve as the core. The iPad also runs my Amp/Lumin with split view and that's great. For some reason Roon will not work with split view?

128x128wsrrsw
Never Roon: it rapes the music (my opinion). Have Nas Synology, Auralic:connected to the Metronome Technologie C6, and preamp: Daniël Hertz M6,Wavac 805m and the Ilumnia Magister. So :it sound very natural, open ,3D and detailfull. Why still Roon?
I really like the interface of Tidal.  The library works well with my BlueSound Node 2i.  I also think I hear a better sound stage when playing MQA.  Not sure I understand MQA.  I think the resolution may go up, but not sure.  When I added a ProJect S2 DAC, it sounded thin.  As soon as I removed the ProJect DAC the bass sounded fuller and the sound stage improved.  I wonder whether you can hear a difference by using other higher end streamers?  If so, what do you hear that is significantly better than my Node 2i.

@lukaske

Kills the sound, aka rapes?

You have especially nice equipment; I wonder if a setting is off? I have heard Roon on a few systems and in my crib I think the sound is just slightly better with the Lumin software. Do I have Lumin bias?????

My Lumin software plays the music louder and I have used the software volume control (that I normally never use) set down 7% for my testing between the same track between Lumin and Roon. Alas there is a lag when going from to another.

MQA! Master Quality Authenticated, now that sounds official! Get yours today! Yes larry5729 I also wonder if it’s just how my gear responds/sounds? This Lumin T2 has been a game changer for me. At some point on the old mobius strip component ladder it’s more about the room (Not Roon) than the gizmos

Another 2 thumbs up for Roon here.  I love it and can't imagine life without it.  
I have Melco N100 with their S100 switch and Chord TT2/M-Scaler. BubbleUPNP in my system with Tidal sounds much better than Roon... Roon nucleus is on speedy Windows PC,no DSP and volume control, network is 100Mbit.