Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001
I certainly won't be sticking springs under my components! For aesthetic purposes I use hardwood cubes - no claim that they do anything to improve sonics!
Post removed 
Reading that first post all I could think, imagine how much better that guys system would sound if he put all that effort into trying springs and LISTENING to them instead of wasting it measuring dead weight.

Oh well. Maybe next time....?

Under large speakers, no problem. Depending on the size and shape you might want to put them on a platform ala Townshend Podiums for improved stability. My Moabs are plenty tall and narrow and no worries on springs here.

As for lighter stuff, the springs themselves are rather small and only 1/4" diameter. To use them one per corner, three to a component, would need to hot glue to the component or they would likely tip over. Or you could drill a 1/4" hole part way into MDF, which is what I did to make more footers using extra springs.

Nobsound springs really aren’t that good. Each spring is way too small, narrow, and stiff. What we really want is a spring like in Townshend Pods that when compressed is wider than it is tall. This gives stability. It also needs to provide freedom of movement in all planes. Nobsound really work great vertically but have a lot of lateral resistance. Another reason Townshend are a whole lot better.

If you experiment and listen instead of weighing and measuring you will notice the sound can be tuned to ear by simply removing one spring or even moving them around. Closer to corners increases effective stiffness, closer to center decreases, a difference you can see in how it bounces and hear when playing music. You can even remove or add a spring to just one at a time, and compensate (fine tune) by moving it around. Finally you can fine tune by adding weight, usually on top of the component. That’s what mahgister did, tuned his to perfection with tiny little adjustments just like these.

And all by ear.
You really need to think 360 for complete harmonic control, The Townshend, covers every plane, a lot better than single vertical support.

It has to be more like the little dog in the rear view, with his going around in circles. Bobble head.. engineering.. AY?

They sure look nice.. The Townshend, maybe the bobble head, too. A bobble head of Jane Mansfield. :-)

Regards..