To Roon or not

For the past few years I have been using a LuminT2 w/ Qobuz and it's copacetic. 

Happy with the sound. Ok with the software. Not happy with having to pull up a browser to search for information about the artists or have similar music/artists be at the ready to explore. 

Back when Roon didn’t work with Qobuz. Now it does.

In my testing I think the native Lumin software sounds better (fuller, richer) that when using Roon. 

A few questions please. I’m looking for secret sauce settings.

Are there MQA setting(s) that I might be better off using? Currently set to “render only.”

Use the Roon DSP?

Sample Rate Conversion Settings?

I’m using an iPad that sees the Roon core on a computer else where in the house. If I can't tell any sound difference then an old computer can serve as the core. The iPad also runs my Amp/Lumin with split view and that's great. For some reason Roon will not work with split view?

128x128wsrrsw
tvad

Just noticed that roon takes -6DB to run. Do you think this is the difference I'm hearing? I mean, duh, a bit louder would sound "better."

Do you think running Roon from an iPad (in turn running a computer) would degrade sound? My amp  needs an iapd/iphone to run it. 

Does my spouse need a new laptop for Xmas?

Post removed 
If you have roon set to equalize volume or using DSP volume control it might be attenuating the volume by -6db. Try turning it off. It might be the Lumin as well I tried a U1 mini and it would adjust volume in DSP need to change a setting can’t remember how I turned it off.
I also own a LUMIN T2. The LUMIN app is decent but the deal breaker for me was artists in my library do not list alphabetically. I am a happy Roon user now and appreciate the easy access to new music and a more robust GUI. I could not hear any sonic difference between Roon and the Lumin app.
Post removed