The cost of LP's and CD's - an observation

Back just before CD's, Albums were usually around $6-8.00, cutout less, double albums a bit more. When CD's first came out they were 'premium' items and cost $10-15.00, slowly the prices for CD's came down and records slowly all went down to a buck or two then disappeared. Now it's reversed, CD's are a few bucks, new Albums are usually around $15 to 25.00. (I didn't figure out the inflation rate, someone else can add that in) . And those cutouts can now be worth a small fortune. I just thought this reversal was interesting. Of course with Streaming, music of any quality is very cheap.

128x128deadhead1000
As most of us have streaming (not all I realize) I don't see the advantage of a used CD.  It won't sound better. It is not convenient. The artist sees even less revenue than streaming.  I guess if you are attached to physical media, but I long ago let that go.
I personally do like the physical media, a leftover from my days with record albums growing up. It is also very useful for learning the history of a classical piece from the liner notes, and in other music, there are lyric sheets oftentimes, as well as information about hidden collaborators that you would never have guessed if you hadn't had the liner notes. 
I will never clean, demagnetize or re-sleeve another record not will I clean another stylus. With the right equipment CDs sound amazing, they are easy to store, and require little maintenance..
johnspain, +1
That said, I ruined plenty of CD's by playing them in my car and abusing them back in the days when cars had CD players. No more thankfully. 
Yes, CD's can sound very good with the right gear.
I've been told, here at Audiogon, that vinyl is THE superior format as long as you're willing to go down that long expensive rabbit hole required to play it properly. I have no reason to doubt that but at the same time I have no intention of going down it. I don't need that expense or complication.

I have a modest turntable, a decent cartridge a cheap phonostage and a few albums. I occasionally buy an album on a whim. Rarely listen to them.

I get CD's on eBay. Usually between $3 and $8. I research them on the dynamic range database and buy the best recordings I can find.

These days I mostly stream high res. Easy. Convenient.

But when I hear something really good I find the best CD recording of it that I can find and buy it, rip it and keep the CD. I do the same with books. If its good and worth having I get it in hardback and put it on a shelf. If nothing else I'll leave quite the museum when I'm gone.

As it is, I can access my ripped CD's, Amazon Music and Sonos from my chair with the push of a button.