SST Son of Ampzilla ll power amp vs Classe Sigma Amp2 power amp

Hi all,

I'm currently using the Classe Sigma Amp2 (class D amp) to drive my Monitor Audio Gold 200 5G (5th gen aka latest gen) speakers. My preamp is Classe CP800. I have the Cary Audio CD306 SACD player as my source component & DAC. I've been using the Classe Sigma Amp2 for almost 4 years now and been liking it.

I'm thinking to get rid of my Classe Sigma Amp2 (class Damp) and get the SST Son of Ampzilla ll amp (class AB with the first 10 watts biased into class A @ 8 ohms). Anyone here has used this SST Son of Ampzilla ll amp? this is the latest Son of Ampzilla ll amp. I need opinion and input on how these two amps would compare sonically on my speakers. Both amps received glowing reviews.

Thanks in advance.
dilatante
I haven't used one but my very good friend and audiophile buddy used one for many years.   He was very pleased with it, which is saying something since he has a great system.   I am not sure if he still has it or it was retired for something bigger.  I know he has some big monoblocks in his system now.   I'll have to ask him and update this posting.
I am using the Son II with my Harbeth Super HL5+ speakers and a tube preamp. Curious what is prompting the desire to change as you say you have been happy with the Classe amplification. Is there something you are trying to achieve that is missing?  I have no experience at all with the Sigma or any other Class D amps, have had class AB amps only for a long time. I personally have not found huge differences between quality AB amps - the SST replaced a 200W Meridian and that replaced a 150W integrated (from Classe actually) and I was quite happy with each and found any differences quite hard to describe. That said, I am going to audition the new NAD M33 for it's convenience and room correction (I have a very wide room) to see if it improves anything since I can do so risk free.