How it works! From a common man.

How a boutique fuses changes the sound in a piece of equipment, and how (at least) one became directional.

How they made it directional. Yes SOME, very few, are made that way. I'll Explain what I found.

Why it works or NOT. This is NOT a fuse shoot out.  This is a, "WHY it works", Not "it just does", session. LOL

Everyone is welcome to help me figure out why it works, BUT why it doesn't, with a reason, is VERY welcome.

No name callin'.  Don't call folks liars, just state your personal learning extravaganza, HOW, and WHY.

We'll figure out WHY, and HOW it effects something.. Cause and Effect. NO PSYCHOBABBLE.

Big words hurt my head, keep it simple for us common folks if you would please.

I promise to be on my best behavior, maybe. :-)
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
Isn't there an effect on the artifacts, in the path?  You know while it's playing, or working? I call it settling in, not the same as breaking in.
I understood it takes a while to form this "skin" in the path, over fuses, screw connection, plugs THROUGH everything, and over everything.

Am I wrong? Something's happening!

A disconnect, and reconnect, a part change, an old cable swap, to an existing system. SETTLING in.

All new or reconditioned, out of the box, hookup and BREAKING in.

Some call it burn it, I don't.

When a system settles, why does it sound different?

Why when a system is breaking in, it changes sound, it some cases 100s and sometimes a thousand or so hours, to finally Break in.

Teflons. Man oh man.

Everything is going great. Your wonderful NEW talented opare, decides to clean all around your system. She mindfly makes a mental note of your speaker cables, disconnects them and cleans. 

She puts everything back perfectly. You come home, set down, turn on the system, let it warm up for 10-15 and start listening.

It sounds different, YOU got an idea, because you've heard things like this before....

Why is it 3-4 hours in the winter and 2 hours at least in the summer, for things to settle beck in.. If it has that graphene stuff, forget about it. A week. I NEVER use it on a working joint, With locks maybe, a new wall socket.. 

I did the inside of a valve amp, recently, it's going back into service, left was done the right is not...Anything that was coupled in the power supply path right to the transformer (s). Everything from that point on is soldered.. I'm thinking valve pins too, gotta help, heat and a contact enhancer.

I wonder what it will be like, if it will make a difference.. It can't hurt..NO DRIPS.. LOL

Regards
Post removed 
Personally, if I was making a post screaming "AC" as a reason to disprove fuse directionality, which screams to me you don't understand how circuits work, I probably would take a more cautious tone with the rest of my post. But that's just me.
This only increases my absurd curiosity for nano-tweaking all the little corners of my system. Been doing it with tiny isolation adjustments that do wholeheartedly reveal themselves.  Curious as to how many here have noticed palpable improvements using small dabs of graphene or whatever other mixtures? 
But I do know, that we should relegate any/all of this kind of activity to a certain genre of wackiness. It can be a new code name:

”NO DRIPS” 

In honor of a fantastic tinkerer in oldhvymec 🙏🏼