Amazon Music - how does it compare???

I'm not really into streaming services, I mainly listen to ripped music, downloaded content or Internet radio stations

But lately I've been listening to Amazon Music i.e. the free stuff that comes with a Prime membership

I must admit it's definitely a big step up from Internet Radio :-)

Other than fidelity, one of the things that surprised me was the size of the image and the detail in the Venue acoustics, something that is not there with Internet Radio

But how does it compare to some of the other streaming service?

Is there any benefit to signing up for the premium Amazon Music (other than the additional content ) ?

Are there better sounding services out there?

Your input would be appreciated - Steve

williewonka
Here is something that really gives me pause when considering investing a lot of time in Amazon. They provide very limited support for importing and exporting playlists. Most other platforms are pretty good. This is an app that can automate those tasks. Almost everything in Amazon is read only and no track feature.

https://soundiiz.com/features
Amazon doesn't transfer bit perfect out usb to the DAC (unless something has changed). That ticks me off.
How have you established that it does not? Is this a bug in the app?  What are you using as your process?