How it works! From a common man.

How a boutique fuses changes the sound in a piece of equipment, and how (at least) one became directional.

How they made it directional. Yes SOME, very few, are made that way. I'll Explain what I found.

Why it works or NOT. This is NOT a fuse shoot out.  This is a, "WHY it works", Not "it just does", session. LOL

Everyone is welcome to help me figure out why it works, BUT why it doesn't, with a reason, is VERY welcome.

No name callin'.  Don't call folks liars, just state your personal learning extravaganza, HOW, and WHY.

We'll figure out WHY, and HOW it effects something.. Cause and Effect. NO PSYCHOBABBLE.

Big words hurt my head, keep it simple for us common folks if you would please.

I promise to be on my best behavior, maybe. :-)
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
WHY do they sound different? It’s not magic. I’m a mechanic. It has to make sense to me.. If it doesn’t, I’ll figure out why.

I put this fuse in my Mac C20, it sounded different, I swapped direction and I lost a little twinkle. Swapped it back, I lost all the dynamics in the mids and highs, in a word, it became DULL. WHAT happened?

For that C20 to sound dull it has to set for a while, put in a NEW stock fuse, and turn it on. Two three hours to settle in and it sounds pretty good.

What could I have done? I did EXACTLY what the manufacture said NOT to do.. Yes I did, That’s me.. I wiped off the fuse and cleaned it all up, just like the direction said NOT TO... WHY? We’ll get there.

Is there less resistance at one end of the fuse wire inside? Is one end of the filament "tapered" to offer less resistance in one direction? Is the wire TAPERED that is wound around the filament to make a slow blow fuse?

IN CASE you missed it! The filament wire is TAPERED at one end. The wrap wire for a slow blow is tapered all the way to the end.. THEN it is wrapped around the inner filament, BOTH tapered.

Back to the top, I put graphene paste back on the new fuse after a GOOD LOOK!, Installed it in the original direction, listened, pulled the fuse, touched up the ends with paste and installed it sounded good.

NOT 3-4 hour wait.. It sounded GOOD, as good as it ever had, in 15 minutes.

Over the next two weeks, it just got better? WHY?

What is better? The best way to explain is. Sharper, cleaner, more dynamic. BETTER.. WHY? That part someone else can explain.
I haven’t figured that one out yet, or is the paste settling, causing this "better" sound? I think it is. Easy I’ll pull the fuse.. LOL
Not for a while anyways.. I’ll listen for a couple more weeks, before I confirm what I suspect.

THE MAGIC is not magic.

A silly ol, wore out mechanic, figured it out.. The direction mystery is solved..

The paste is super conductive and the filament(S) are tapered. There you have it.. Step up all you EEs Prof and smart guys, wHO EVA, as the English would say.

Regards
Post removed 
Well first there's fuses made of beeswax or whatever, about a bazillion different types, some of which might really not be directional. So it makes it kinda hard to talk about anything like this without getting into specifics.  

Its actually pretty easy to think of a way a totally normal looking fuse can be made to sound a whole lot better. Everyone who has tried it knows a dab of TC will improve the sound of just about anything. Well, every SR fuse Blue or Orange, they all have a little circle with a dab of some gray gook on there- and instructions to NOT remove it! The same gray gook is also on the screw terminals of their Blue and Orange AC outlets. Hmmmm....
Nuclear never seize, Graphene, diamond dust (2000), Rislone and, Everclear (180) something close. I break the graphene down and go from there. I dry my concoction with a low heat heat-gun. It stays tacky.
Never corrodes, I’ll tell you that.

BUT it can NEVER drip.. ok.. NEVER.. That is a no, no. Your mix is way off.

That concoction needs to set, and let the 180 evap, ay.. Then a heat gun.. LOW heat, (hair dryer).

To much rislone, or NNS. Its at least 50% graphene. Which is how many more times conductive than say, ANYthing else?

Diamond dust, a cutter, binder an seating compound, VERY little. SUPER insulative. Just the opposite of Graphene. It also causes the graphene to layer thicker, at least the thickness of the dust. You can get 1500 or 1000 too, for a thicker surface layer...

BE CAREFUL... All this stuff is pretty potent... 180.. proof. or poof, be careful..

Regards.
I've always thought that there's no way in hell that both ends of the melt wire are connected in the exact same manner to the insides of the end caps.

Because of assembly line automation, you'd have one kind of attachment point with the first end cap and as the final end cap is attached, another method. 

It would be secure but different. That could account for the diode effect.
Pure speculation but what the hey?

All the best,
Nonoise