I've been dragged to recommendations, kicking and screaming

As a Tidal subscriber, every time I log in new hip hop artists are recommended to me.  Hilarious as I never listen to them, but lately I've been letting Roon play on and I'm discovering new artists and music I would not otherwise.

What's your experience been with online streaming and automated recommendation systems?
erik_squires
I have Spotify Premium and listen to a large variety of music. So every few days or so, I get updates in Release Radar and Discover Weekly. I've gotten to know so much new music as well as new releases from artists I love. It's a lot of fun.
Second to Radio Paradise. Also Tidal playlists lead to new discoveries. Equipment reviews also provide fresh listening. 
I have discovered more new artists through pandora. Set up a station based on an artist you like then they play songs of like artists. Once I hear someone I like I move over to quobuz to listen to the albums.
What's your experience been with online streaming and automated recommendation systems?
THX1138
I search for my own preferences and use Tidal.  They have great Masters recordings and MQA.  Once in a while it is fun to just click on an album to hear something new.  You might surprise yourself and listen to a different style of music you have never experienced.  For example electronic music can be fun such as DeadMau5.  Perhaps a female jazz vocalist like Diana Krall is nice to change things up.  Helps me get out of a rut and to expand my taste.  Throw in some classical once in a while here and there to again expand your horizons.  Listen to Little Person (Live) by Michael Wollney and listen for the drop down bass during the first 1 minute of the song.  Great song to show off the lower end of your system.  Really spacious recording.  This guy knows how to record.  Very relaxing and nice to play when sitting down with guests over a few glasses of wine.