Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
thoft

Thank You for the update. Keep me posted as you massage the Luxman into your room/system.  Any cabling updates?

Happy Listening!
I’m picking up my AudioQuest 9 cables this weekend other than that nothing yet. May get more interconnects but as far as speaker cables go I have one for each speaker. The AudioQuest was terminated for the thiels. I chose the 9 for the natural warm timbre without detail smothering. 
ampers - I’ll chime in here. The Benchmark AHB-2 has been my go-to amp for about 2 years now. It is unique in my experience for simple authenticity. Regarding their feed-forward, John Siau has written a white paper available on the BM website. In practice, the correction mechanisms are nearly invisible and inaudible. Under overload / clipping conditions (evidenced by the indicator lights), I can hear no artifacts of any kind. The error-correction compares the input signal with the projected output signal and introduces correction before the final power stage. When pushed ’too hard’ the output interrupts momentarily as though the offending peaks are erased, but with no audible distortion, mute indicators light up momentarily - and the music continues. I have purposely pushed the bridged amp into sub 2 ohm loads (two paralleled CS2.2s.) The over-current lights flicker on peaks and eventually the amp shuts down via overheating. No damage, no audible distortion, just safety shut-down waiting for manual restart in a few minutes.

Don’t try this at home. But my experience is that the AHB-2 is bulletproof for itself and its driven load.

In my large room, I run out of power in stereo mode and therefore use 1 bridged amp on each channel. Unlike class AB amps, the bridged distortion graphs match the stereo graphs. But output impedance is double (damping factor is half). Half-length cables makes up for much of the difference.

Considering the relative bargain price of the AHB-2, my dream configuration (seconded by John Siau) is 4 bridged AHB-2s -each channel getting a bridged amp for the woofer and another bridged amp for the combined midrange - tweeter. Power requirement is about equal, since the headroom required for clean midrange peaks about equals the current draw of the bass.

@tomthiel Thanks for that explanation.

@jafant  I am listening to the MoFi version of Santana's Caravanserai and I am amazed to how good it is. Maybe my second best SACD disc now after DSOTM.

There is no comparison with the SME version. The MoFi has bass that I can feel on my toes as I am stretch out listening. Not bass that bothers the ears but bass that should sound loud. The percussion is more powerful and you can feel it. You hear more of everything, and it is not a louder recording just a more vivid rendering.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought it on eBay.