Speaker cabels for dark sounding speakers?

Hej

My speakers are considered to be dark sounding and it has been OK with me until I replaced my easy chair with a small couch. Now the sound has turned a little too dark/muffled/dead. So I'm thinking maybe if I replaced my speaker cables with some other. Yes, I know it's a long shot, especially when my current cables are Kimber 8TC. But what do you say? Smaller carpet? Just don't say bring back the easy chair or buy new speakers :)
simna
OP, at least in my system the use of silver speaker cables made a difference. With my second system in the study, I had a similar problem as yours, the sound was a bit dark (dull?). I swapped the cables with silver ones and things got better - at least in the areas I wanted them to be. Incidentally, I'm using the same cables in a different setup, and now I have the opposite problem ... lol!

Having said that, I don't think you should expect a night and day difference just from switching cables. IME, cables are like using spices to add a bit more flavor, but they can't turn a frozen aisle burger into a steak.

I say give it a shot (silver cables), let them settle in, and then make an informed decision. In the past I have bought based on measurements and 'sound' science alone, and have learned the hard way that just because something measures well doesn't mean it will sound good to my ears, with my equipment, and in my room.
I agree.  See if you can borrow some Nordost Valhalla and have a listen.   If it doesn't work to your satisfaction,  return them...easy.

Jose.
Nordost is amazing cable, but contrary to how 2 posters described it, definitely not "zippy city".

I upgraded from Clear Day silver XLR's to Nordost Tyr 2 about a year ago and one of the changes was a much weightier mid range. Excellent cables, musical, 3 dimensional, and detailed, just not "zippy".

Within the last week I upgraded my Clear Day double shotgun speaker cables and jumpers to Valhalla 2 and Nordost reference jumpers, but they are both still settling in and I cannot yet accurately comment on them except to say I love the evolving improvements so far.
So, it seems that this is the majority opinion: silver is bright, gold is warm and copper soft. Are they describing the sound, or the color of the wire? I don't get it. Is it as simple as imagining the sound in your mind while thinking of the wires color, or is this just a coincidence? 
Post removed