Focal Chorus 700

I just by chance heard the Chorus 726v at a dealer, paired with nice Audio Research front end gear. I was rather impressed. I had been looking at the B&W 804D's and where as the cabinet design is much slicker on the B&W. I was again really impressed the sound of the Focal. Does anyone here have any experience comparing the two and / or similar sized Focal's that are higher up the Focal line? I have an all Audio Research front end (CD3 MkII, LS26, VT100MKII) and all transparent cables, etc. Thank you
vdosc
I've heard the following Focal speakers: 706v (father-in-law owns a pair), 806v, 807v (friend owns a pair), 726v (very limited listening experience), 816v (almost purchased them for myself), and 836v (what I own).

The 836v is the flagship Chorus series speaker and I absolutely love the sound of the Focal tweeter. They are all about the same size as far as floorspace from the 706v on the Focal stand all the way up to the 836v. I'd recommend the 816v as an option if you liked the 726v.

I listened to a few B&W products and they also sound great, but the Focal really blew me away. It was the 706v that peaked my interest and I ended up spending a lot more than I ever had any plans to do.
I didn't realize that the B&W 804D was a $7,500 speaker so I can't say that I've ever heard a similarly priced Focal speaker. My local dealer only has the Chorus and Utopia lines in the store. I saw an Electra floorstander in the store once, but before I had time to go back for a listen it was gone. The Diablo Utopia is probably my favority speaker that I've ever heard.

I've not heard a B&W speaker in the range that you're looking at, but would agree that the cabinets are sharp!

I find it impressive that a $1,700 Focal speaker peaked your interest enough to warranty a post when you're looking at speakers that are much more expensive.

It was the 706v ($695) that caught my attention because it sound so good compared to my more expensive Infinity speakers. I was a slipperly slope from there for me.
Thanks for the input. I too was surprised as I had been looking and listening to the $7500 B&W. Then when I happened to hear the Focals (not aware of the price) I was impressed. Then I asked how much and they said something like $1800. I asked "each?" and they said no for the pair! I have found over the years that just because it cost more, doesn't mean it will be that much better. In fact I have heard some very expensive systems (I heard Wilsons with Naim) in NY once I thought my stereo was far more enjoyable to listen too. So thats why I am now curious with the Focal line and wondering what is gained when moving up the line. ie from 700 to 800 . Is it just cabinet finishes or are there sound improvements as well. Thanks