Seeking advice on high kHz annoyance in my system

Some of my go to recordings for testing my system have always been classical piano. I listen for mid-range clarity, the audibility of the “action” of the piano, e.g. hammer and pedal sounds coming through, as well as clarity in upper register.

After recently making substantial changes to my system (see below), I hear (or continue to hear) an artificial or secondary ringing/buzzing (sorry, not a good description in the upper register of piano recordings.

Trying to isolate the issue, I hear this across a wide selection of recordings of the same Mozart piano sonata to varying degrees (all 44.1kHz/16 bit) regardless the pianist and recording. Although relatively newer recordings appear to have this artifact more than older ones.

Before I continue with my Quixotic search for the “final 10%”, I’d like to identify the cause and tame this high frequency annoyance.

My thoughts:

(1) My once golden, now 63-year-old ears? Unfortunately, I have no intention of visiting an audiologist during COVID.

(2) This was present in my previous system as well and I'd hoped to eliminate it through recent upgrades. It may or may not have been helped. Can't recall.  It’s been so long since I’ve been to alive recital or concert, I don’t recall if the same annoyance happens live. 

(3) My 21”x16”x14” room is untreated other than for rugs, book-shelving on a side wall and ordinary furnishings, paintings, etc.

(4) More noticeable at higher (but not excessive) volumes.

(5) Occurs through speakers and headphones (HD800s and Campfire Ara iem using Dave or Mojo)

(6) XLR and speaker cables are older Synergistic Research (Element and Tungsten). Using silver tuning bullets (no snark, please), and have not tried gray or black, which are said to darken the sound (roll-off?) slightly. Have experimented in the past and found slight differences in sound character. Will try this next.

Recently moved from BHK 300s and pre with Modwright-modded Oppo Sonica DAC and Fidelizer Nimitra Signature server as Roon core to my current system:

Roon Nucleus Plus w/ Teddy Pardo LPS

D’Agostino Progressive Integrated

Chord M Scaler w/ Teddy Pardo LPS

Chord Dave DAC

Focal Kanta 3’s

Cables: Synergistic Research, Wireworld, Wywires. Stock Chord BNCs between M Scaler and Dave

Grateful for any thoughts as to cause/solution?

128x128cantorgale
Where'd you get the LPS?
All Tedydy Pardo makes now are PSU.
Nice collection of equipment.
I cannot speculate on your brain barrier.
Beryllium tweeter in the Focal..? But then, you hear it on headphones too. And it was in your previous system. I think it’s your hearing. Hard wax and ear canal structure can cause certain resonances. Try pulling your ears around and see if it influences the sound. Try ear wax softener.