Internet radio for Luddites

I listen to Jazz FM a lot in my workshop but when they switched from DAB to DAB+ I bought a Denon DNP-800NE purely for that and continue with my beloved TU1800 for BBC as it's so easy to switch stations, sounds good enough and is internet free. Use a Wi-fi link at the moment which isn't great (might run a CAT cable but it's going to be a pain) but the main thing is I want to get all the great American jazz stuff and the DNP can do it but it's a major PITA for a simpleton like myself that just wants to press a button, store a few favourites and surf without staring at a tablet/ monitor/ phone etc. I don't do apps (have an old Nokia and my vintage I-pad doesn't play ball with a lot of stuff now). My amp (Cambridge Audio CXA80) will take digital which I use for both tuners and a CXC transport (even has XLRs on it) and is running Quad 57s and an REL. 

I used to have a portable radio thing in the kitchen that brought all the internet stations up on a screen and you just scrolled and pressed and used the headphone out to my separates- sound was surprisingly good but the main thing was useability.- just want station name and poss what's playing. When it died went back to a TIBO DAB+ which is OK but lost all those stations.

The only solution I can see at the mo is to make space for a spare computer with decent sound card and plug it in but want the workshop to be my escape from that...

Never bother with FM now despite decent antenna and reasonable reception (have an old Leak Troughline along with various other Denon, Technics etc tuners sitting unloved at the mo)

Anything under a grand (UK sterling) would be marvelous
keithsax
You might consider a Cambridge Audio CXN(V2) streamer. I’m not certain of the price in the UK, but I believe it meets your budget requirement. It streams internet radio stations, and you can search for stations and create presets using the screen and the controls on the front panel or on the infrared remote. It always displays the name of the station you’re listening to, and the bit rate. Whether or not it shows the name of the piece of music that’s playing depends on whether or not the station is transmitting that information.
If this for your workshop background listening, how important is ultimate fidelity?  The reason that I ask is because the simplest solution is Bluetooth.  You can place an Internet Radio app on a tablet or smartphone.  You then can select stations by genre and country.  The latest Bluetooth codecs sound pretty good.  In my office I can only listen at low levels and Bluetooth is just fine, a “proper” system would be wasted.
  If you find Bluetooth doesn’t cut it, you can always attach your phone or tablet, with the aforementioned app, with a special cable to the Inputs of your amp.
  If you want to get more complex, connect a computer or a streamer (streamers are computers made to look like audio components) to your amp.  You can either do this digitally if you have a DAC (frequently included in amps or a standalone) or via analog inputs.  The go to streamer for audiophiles as an entry level product is the Bluesound Node2i, which can be connected by Ethernet or WiFi, but honestly, if your source is going to be restricted to Internet Radio, particularly at low levels, I would buy a cheaper streamer
I was originally going to get the CXN but got the Denon instead and have since regretted it (money was tight at the time and the DNP seemed to fit the bill). As I said I don't do smartphones or tablets! Just want basically an internet radio version of tuners of old pref with no touchscreens (I hate touchscreens) but no-one seems to make them.
The CXN(V2) doesn’t have a touchscreen. It has a screen to display the stations and presets, and you turn a knob to scroll through them, and push the knob in to select the one you want. I think that’s about as close as you’ll get to an old fashioned tuner.
You could try a Volz VR-80. After you learn you gave station names just tell Alexa to play them:
Linn Jazz or  WGBO etc.
A little practice will perfect it.
Of course you must have wifi.