Bought some 14/2 “speaker wire” from Home Depot

So I decided to amuse myself and on a recent trip to the Home Depot I bought some 14 gauge speaker wire. 25 ft for under $11.
I have what I think is a good system and my current speaker wires are analysis plus mesh oval 9 terminated in spades. My system is noted in my profile.
I substituted in the 14/2 I picked up- each leg is about 9.5 ft. Tinned bare wire at each end. I did use 4% silver solder.
Quite listenable, though perhaps not as extended at the high end. If someone told me I had to use the Home Depot wire I’d get along just fine. Leads me to one of 4 possible conclusions- 1- my hearing stinks; 2- my fancy Analysis Plus cables aren’t anything special; 3- my system isn’t resolving enough to make a difference; 4- given sufficient gauge, cable is cable. Of course, it’s also possible that my system is so good, any wire will allow that to shine through 
Your thoughts, comments, etc appreciated 

thanks
128x128zavato
Would agree that your system is probably good enough that it would be hard to find cables that would degrade it too much, but we spend what we do for the little differences. Do you have dedicated circuits? If not, you should.
I will go with mainly 4, but high frequency is mainly inductance not gauge of wire so your Analysis Plus cables don't need to be that special to be work well.
I have found that most speaker wire in most systems barely moves the sonic needle.  The only speaker cable that made a meaningful difference in my system is Auditorium23.  My 16-yr old daughter listened to them and said "they sound more detailed than your old wires".  She was spot on and she has never even been exposed to audio jargon.
@11.00 for 25 feet it is an alu/copper clad?. If it was pure copper in zip cord, that would have helped.  Copper works very well, but don't tin the ends, that will change the sound to.. 4% silver and 96% lead and tin...
99.99% copper, and a graphene paint.. Mind blowing, simple, but great results...50 hours to settle...

Regards