Put that in your pipe(s) and smoke it

I'll say it again: let's seek out the gem's and leave the rest, folks. Ignore the trolls, or be selective of the actual content they bring up - should you choose to reply; it may even hold an unexpected, worthwhile observation or two on a subject that could put into perspective our endeavors here.

More importantly, if we want this forum to allow for free speech and a degree of resilience, some around here should reconsider their liberal urge to hit the 'report' button, because that's the thing that truly annoys me and what I'd call the real trolls around here: the one's feeling offended on grounds I imagine to be so relative to their own agenda, indeed petty in nature, that their reporting a post or thread is likely to see no further inquiry by the admins and is therefore, simply by virtue of being a report alone, put into effect as an actual deletion.

We should be able to hold a conversation without someone feeling taken aback over what is, in the bigger scheme of things, insignificant issues. If not it's an ongoing, sad tendency to shut the mouths of those we don't agree with, or for some other flimsy reason don't like. 
128x128phusis
In "The Social Contract", Rousseau addressed the issue of freedom.  "Freedom to" was the freedom to do anything you want.  However, "freedom from" trumped (sorry) "freedom to".  Therefore, for instance, you could play your audio as loud as you liked (freedom to) *so long as* it wasn't disturbing any neighbors (freedom from).
After I vote Tuesday I am going to take the little round “I voted” sticker they give you at the polling place and stick it on the volume knob of my integrated amp. I heard it is supposed increase transparency. Or was it to increase loudness. These tweaks confuse me.
Well, another thread just seemed to disappear, after a poster made an appeal to other posters to complain. No rule was cited as being broken, or reason why was  given, despite being specifically asked for. It would appear to be an objection to the original poster rather then the subject inquiry at hand. Deny the who rather than the what cancel culture strikes again?
Yup pages of taunting, not a single deletion. 

BUT Never call a name, just answer questions, and make statements.. Then delete the whole thread!

Yea that played right into hands of people that had nothing to say but BAD things... See it all time. Same folks turn a blind eye, show their lack of paying attention to ALL. Pretty common. 20/80 strikes again. 20% of the people do 80% of the work.. 

Speak with your pocket book, I'm getting ready to sell close to 40,000.00 worth of gear, and BUY 55 -75,000.00.  I'll say this, me my friends and the people I know have bought in excess of 1.5 million over the last 10 years.  Sold close to the same....You or I don't have to sell here. That's up to the AG.. I think they are good though.  Just need a moderator for the moderators... LOL

I don't pat folks on the back of doing their job.   They get a pat on the back for going above and beyond. That can work both ways..
Out of the pan and into the fire.. Seems to be the easy way out, in lue of telling people to quit the name calling.... Just easier to delete the thread.
LAZY..... That's the other 80% of folks.  I just worked 1.5 X the national average of hours in a 45 year period.. Do the math.. Yes everything is wore out. I do have ONE little toe that is in good shape. :-)

Regards