Flat screen between speakers, again.

I know this has been discussed before, but after reading most of the somewhat recent responses to similar questions I still need to pick your collective brains.
To mitigate the TV's impact, I am considering building a panel that would cover the TV when it's not in use. The panel would be a 2.5' x 4.5' diffuser or absorber. Ideally it will hang above the TV when I am watching TV and would lower down to block the TV when I am listening to music.

My question is whether this is a viable solution and, if it is, would I be better served with diffusion or absorption?

128x128tony1954
@mijostyn
I already have absorption panels behind the speakers and will be adding additional panels to the first reflection points when I figure out how to do it properly. One side is open to my dining area and the other side is a glass patio door.
I take the cushions off of my love seat and place the back cushion in front of the cabinet holding the tv and the bottom cushion in front of the screen. It covers the 55” screen very well and it is 4” dense foam. I don’t know for sure if it helps, but it draws attention away from my aluminum foil helmet.

Seriously, I do you use the cushions and it does tame the highs and improve the soundstage depth.
@baclagg
I guess it is just a sign of the times the lengths so many of us are willing to go to a) satisfy our sound fetish and b) watch television.

Unfortunately, my need for an aesthetically pleasing solution won't allow me to go the pillow route.

And, if you don't mind me asking. Which brand of aluminum foil do you feel provides the best RFI suppression?