Flat screen between speakers, again.

I know this has been discussed before, but after reading most of the somewhat recent responses to similar questions I still need to pick your collective brains.
To mitigate the TV's impact, I am considering building a panel that would cover the TV when it's not in use. The panel would be a 2.5' x 4.5' diffuser or absorber. Ideally it will hang above the TV when I am watching TV and would lower down to block the TV when I am listening to music.

My question is whether this is a viable solution and, if it is, would I be better served with diffusion or absorption?

128x128tony1954
a lot of good ideas to try listed above. I did something similar by making a "slip cover" for the tv made from heavy fleece and acoustic foam. Basically it is a big pocket. Very simple to make and I do not sew for a living:>)   *does it make a difference?...in my case, I think it did tame the hard reflective surface while maintaining image focus and 3 dimensional soundstage. YMMV!
I had good results using absorbers placed inside of and slightly behind the speakers - between the speakers and the TV. These absorbed some of the sound coming off the sides of the speaker before it could hit the TV screen directly. I perceived better soundstage depth and could still watch tv with the treatment in place.
put the flat screen on a wall bracket that you can angle up and down, when listening to music angle it up so reflections go above you. works really well in my system and very noticeable. another option is to get a comforter and make it into a cover that hangs on your tv then attach your fav absorber to it, again easy to remove and wont damage your tv. you only need to cut it down to size and add corner pockets like a triangle on the back side to hang it to the TV edges then by adding the lets say Gik panels for the freq absorption you need to the front. 
Just get a couple of ebay Styrofoam diffusers and place them in front of the screen. They weigh next to nothing. I place mine on the top edge of the TV resting against the wall when the TV is in use.
@tony1954 , I have tried out a couple things to cover a 55’’ flat screen, like a towel, pyramid foam, Artnovion Myron E and Quadratic diffuser.

The Quadratic diffuser I like the most. I did notice better separation, and a lot more energy and punch. With the Artnovion Myron E the sound was brighter and the separation wasn’t very good.

Before the tube amp shown in the picture I had a solid state amp in a little furniture. The furniture I used to put the diffuser on. But then I did upgrade to the tube amp. This was the moment when I had to come up with some structure to hold the diffuser. Couldn’t use the furniture anymore, because of the heat, size and weight of the amp.

The plan was to make a prototype and get it done right by a Carpenter later on. But then I was so happy with the amp, that my present speakers haven’t been up to task anymore. Therefore I did get the new speaker first and live a little bit longer with my provisional solution and let the carpenter a bit later.

That’s how it looks right now:
http://lichtblicke.smugmug.com/Other/Forum/n-7qvMV/i-J9KTScc/A