Krell kps 25 sc

Hi folks , this is my first post here , i have bought a pristine external cond , non working,  Krell kps 25sc yesterday , it was cheap , so if i can’t make it work , it will end up at ebay sold for parts , in the event i can make it work , can i connect it to a normal amplifier ? ie: a phase linear or carver power amp ? May i use just the cd player and plug it to a Normal pre? ie: NAD C165BEE ? Thank you very much for your healthy advice
cognard
Normally the disc spins if the clamp is in place, even if the laser is not working properly it will try to read TOC. What happens if you try starting it with no clamp ? Does it say “no clamp” in the display ? There is a sensor connected to the lid mechanism and clamp sensor connected to the main board with a fragile cable and connectors, you have to carefully disconnect this before being able to remove the top section, maybe it is torn ? Go into the menu and find the auto play feature and set it to off so it is not depending on the lid sensor, you want it working manually!
Click on my user name, and send me a private message.  On the Krell : Go into the menu,by pressing “Menu” turn the volume dial until it says “Cover” then press menu again, and turn the volume dial again until it says “Off” ( it gives you the other options “auto” and “ auto play”) exit the menu function by pressing “ menu” 2 times. Now try if it will operate !
it still does not operate , laser still keeps going up and down making a "click click click" sound all the time