Put that in your pipe(s) and smoke it

I'll say it again: let's seek out the gem's and leave the rest, folks. Ignore the trolls, or be selective of the actual content they bring up - should you choose to reply; it may even hold an unexpected, worthwhile observation or two on a subject that could put into perspective our endeavors here.

More importantly, if we want this forum to allow for free speech and a degree of resilience, some around here should reconsider their liberal urge to hit the 'report' button, because that's the thing that truly annoys me and what I'd call the real trolls around here: the one's feeling offended on grounds I imagine to be so relative to their own agenda, indeed petty in nature, that their reporting a post or thread is likely to see no further inquiry by the admins and is therefore, simply by virtue of being a report alone, put into effect as an actual deletion.

We should be able to hold a conversation without someone feeling taken aback over what is, in the bigger scheme of things, insignificant issues. If not it's an ongoing, sad tendency to shut the mouths of those we don't agree with, or for some other flimsy reason don't like. 
128x128phusis
“ they do not see the road to freedom.... that you build with flesh and bone “ Wallflower - Peter Gabriel

Wasn't there song........something about 'Escape' and, "If you like Subpoena Coladas and getting caught in Ukraine.......?         HEY; it's supposed to be about music, RIGHT?
@ml8764ag If this thread is so worthless, why take any time to read it or comment upon it? If talking about trolling...is pretty much...trolling, then talking about talking about trolling is...more trolling.
First, I've been an active member on many forums (music, single malt, bbq, woodworking, and a few that need not be mentioned) and this forum is second only to the Phish forum for rudeness, arrogance, and self-centeredness. I love this place, and most folks are intelligent and helpful, but it's still far too often a hostile place. I'm all for the mods eliminating the rudeness. Respect is not something consistently practiced here.

Second, I'd say some people need a lesson on "freedom of speech." For one thing, we've never had more "freedom of speech" in this country; the internet gives a platform to every kook and lunatic out there. See: the abundance of conspiracy theories that are dangerous and nuts. More importantly, freedom of speech is not and has never been absolute. Not only are there many types of speech that are not tolerated (most famously yelling fire in a crowded building) but communities are free to make their own standards, as long as they don't trespass on constitutionally protected speech. A classroom, a concert hall, a living room, a town park, an internet forum--communities have every right to insist on manners and respectful conduct. No one's speech if being abridged out here; the moderators are merely asking for civility and decorum in discussing ... stereo equipment. And that has nothing to do with freedom of speech.