Put that in your pipe(s) and smoke it

I'll say it again: let's seek out the gem's and leave the rest, folks. Ignore the trolls, or be selective of the actual content they bring up - should you choose to reply; it may even hold an unexpected, worthwhile observation or two on a subject that could put into perspective our endeavors here.

More importantly, if we want this forum to allow for free speech and a degree of resilience, some around here should reconsider their liberal urge to hit the 'report' button, because that's the thing that truly annoys me and what I'd call the real trolls around here: the one's feeling offended on grounds I imagine to be so relative to their own agenda, indeed petty in nature, that their reporting a post or thread is likely to see no further inquiry by the admins and is therefore, simply by virtue of being a report alone, put into effect as an actual deletion.

We should be able to hold a conversation without someone feeling taken aback over what is, in the bigger scheme of things, insignificant issues. If not it's an ongoing, sad tendency to shut the mouths of those we don't agree with, or for some other flimsy reason don't like. 
128x128phusis
OP, agree about not reporting too frequently. Tolerance leaves the door open to creativity and letting people come back and clarify what they might have said badly the first time.

The norm I see you protecting is as follows: posts should stay on topic or explain the relevance of their tangent, unless things just drift away. E.g. a post on speaker connectors might drift toward types of wire, ways to hear differences, etc. When a comment harps on a topic (beats a dead horse) or injects inflammatory and irrelevant topics or vitriol, well, that seems to defy the purpose we're all here. It has nothing to do with "freedom of speech." It has to do with keeping the game fun and interesting.

Well behaved people here deserve equal time having their rights defended as well.

The sticky wheel gets the grease.
@mapman --

Good job giving the person being criticized even more publicity. Well done!

Well, you just contributed to that, didn't you?

Again, my intend is the subject. Should I receive the heat for a history of trolling kept alive by willing feeders? 
I’d say you get your fair share. I endeavor to keep mine minimal. Zero share for me would be desired..

Gotta be more constructive topics than the value added by trolls to discuss I would hope.

At the same time I maintain my position I’ve stated many times prior....I am anti-censorship and it can be a very fine line sometime between what is acceptable or not.

On the other hand, nobody should be expected to tolerate bad behavior....neither here nor anywhere else. SO it’s not the case that anything goes. That’s why forums provide tools for users to use to help keep things in line when needed.

Frequent would have been the better choice of words but hey good in ya to inform us of your intentions