Questions about recording vimyl to computer?

I have watched some videos about the necessary hardware & software. And I have manipulated digital files such as conversion Flac to Alac (for Ipod) & download,  etc.  I have a lot of Flac & Alac  files already. So, I have plenty of computer & vinyl experience. Transferred many to cassette too. But none to digital.
I know I need Audacity and supposedly it is free.

I have a very good TT, Cart and phono pre. I have a laptop Win 7
Do I need a USB Audio Interface? Or can I go with my JLTi preamp to the 1/8 input jack on computer? Which will give best sound quality? Or does that matter to the 1's & 0's?

This USB Audio Interface has a phono preamp too, which quality may be sorely lacking. And considering I have a LOMC cart, maybe inappropriate for the job. Any suggestions? Didn't know whether to post in vinyl or digital.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UFO202--behringer-u-phono-ufo202-usb-audio-interface-with-ph...

128x128artemus_5
@tketcham AFAIK, that's a misprint.  24/192 is the max resolution for Sugarcube models that record.
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting convinced that it's a misprint. I emailed  SweetVinyl and hope to hear back from them. Have you actually recorded at 24/196k and then processed the file (Audacity for example) or played it through a DAC?
@tketcham ... I tried it once, but my only option for 192/24 playback is via the USB input of my Oppo BDP-93.  It worked, and sound came out.  😉 My DAC, a highly modified Beresford, tops out at 96/24.  I make my needle drops at that resolution, in Flac.
I got a reply from Dan at SweetVinyl and he says it is a typo and they'll get it corrected.
I used to record at 24/96 but decided to go with 24/192 recordings and downsample to 24/96 for playback from the music library. That way I can always go back to 24/192 for certain LPs.
Thanks again!
I am still investigating the Teac NT-505. Sometimes it seems good - other times not so good. Maybe still burning in. I will soon getter a better headphone, Audioquest Nightowl, to compare.