Emerald Physics CS2.3

Considering a pair of these and looking for input from anyone that has experience with them.  I read that they are great for 'concert volume' realism but I'm not so into that lately.  I'm wondering how they sound at lower to mid level volume.  Since Covid my only listening sessions are at night when my family is asleep (and I force myself to stay up!).  So, lower level listening has become more important.  I have a feeling that these speakers might not really come alive until pushed a little.    

Also wondering how much work they are to setup given the external crossover, etc.  I've never messed with anything like this before but have been researching.  Seems my free time is more restricted than usual and I might be more of a plug and play guy.  I have 60 watt Jolida tube integrated for the highs (maybe, not sure I can use an integrated this way - probably not!) and McCormack DNA .5 for the lows.  Although I've been interested in making the shift to more efficient speakers and low powered tube gear.  I could possibly pick up a SET amp for the highs.  

Thanks for sharing any knowledge.
pkatsuleas
Interesting.  So the 10" woofers only go down to 46Hz, 35 with the BOM.  I guess you need larger drivers if there is no cabinet loading?  Would love to hear them based on your comments!
My room is large 20+ x 35+ x 12ft peak. I started with KCIIs with both Clarity cap and WireWorld internal wiring upgrades. While they sounded really good I need more speaker in this room. I came across a fantastic close out on the EP 3.4s and was quite happy aside from the kind of bass that anchors the music on many, but not all, discs.

Recently, I was reading about speaker placement. Where I had them at ~ 6ft between the inner face, I moved them to 9ft (which means my front door is no longer usable: LOL) but WOW! I thought they threw a huge stage, but nothing like now AND I got deeper bass to boot

hth
@pkatsuleas I did not opt for the BOM unit. I think the main limiting factor is that I can only have them out 2 feet from the front wall. I am very very impressed with the nice imaging I achieve with this limitation. Open baffle bass is terribly inefficient bass. I thought of open baffle subs but given the location I felt it would be a futile effort. So I opted for a pair of RSL Speedwoofers. I now have solid bass in a large room down to 24 Hz. Very impressive for this small inexpensive sub.

The combo EP/RSL package came in at only 2k! Super impressed. They may not be much to look at but I prefer to put my money in audio where it counts. Much like my Tekton DI primary system.

One other thought. I noted Spatials new speakers they have drifted from a coaxial arrangement. There are advantages to this type of driver, particularly when it comes to imaging. They have tried to mitigate that with low crossover points. I am shocked by what a low crossover they have achieved with a very small driver in the M5. Not picking on the Spatials--I am sure they are a fine speaker and I considered buying a pair. But when I saw the great close out deal on the KC II Pros I couldn’t resist. From all the reading I did I was thinking the Spatials had evolved into the superior line. After listening to the EP’s, I am not so sure that is true. I have no doubt I made the right choice and feel they are very worthy of consideration!