Magnepan 1.7 speakers (asking for a friend)

Hello, this question is for a friend who's considering Magnepan 1.7 speakers. I've not tried Maggies in 20+ years, and not as familiar with the new generations Magnepan like the 1.7 model, can imagine they may have improved some...  

>>Hoping others with 1st hand experience with these recent generations speakers from Magnepan might reply<<. 

New Magnepan 1.7
Room: 14'x19'
Amps: Tube, Mono, Ultralinear, custom 60-80wpc
Positioning: various ways

Questions:
How far apart in a 14' room works for you, with open sides/pockets?
How far from the front wall?
Low capacitance speaker wire matter?
Other thoughts?

No need reply about tube vs solid state amplification, have plenty to test but this will be for tube amps primarily. Thanks in advance, will be happy to pass along your comments. 

decooney

@gdnrbob, thanks, yeah he does sell them both (speakers and the same amps). Across the US though, maybe he can drop-ship later.  

Same answer as usual I guess, won't know until we try them in our rooms on our setups. Thx. :)  
Some years back I had a set of Maggie 1.6QRs that I drove with a pair of refurbed Dynaco Mk III mono amps which were 60 watts apiece. They did very nicely and I had no problems getting good volume (85 dB average) in a room that was roughly14 X 25. Maybe not the arrangement that a headbanger would want, but then the Maggies themselves would be an unlikely choice for that type of listener.
My room was smaller I had them 28" from the side wall tweeter in toed in 38" ( mid bass section)and 30"( tweeter section) from the rear wall
Don't have the 1.7s but had the 1.6 and now have MG12 with highly modified crossovers . 

Maggies have come a long way from their beginnings . 

Maggies have to be at least 4.5 to 5.0 feet from back wall . At least 3 feet from side walls . They like asymetrical positioning . Spacing the speakers depends on sitting position . You open them up you get a marvelous big soundstage but with less focus images . Get them closer and images are better focus with more specificity . 

Having said that maggies don't focus as boxed speakers . Image outline are a bit more homogenous .

One thing which is extremely important and seems to be a caracteristic of all the models I've had is that moving them around seems to deterioate one aspect of performance while getting another aspect better . You get them closer and you get the bass punchier and impactful but will lose spaciousness or focus 

Maggies are speakers that dictate where they want to be and always need space to sing . The difference can be stunning . Take care and stay safe .
I had the 1.7's in two different rooms, one larger and one smaller than yours.  In the smaller 13x15' room, they were nearly half way out into the room and I sat right against the rear wall.  Great imaging with bass reinforcement.  In the larger room room they were roughly 1/3 out from the front wall, I sat 2/3 from the front wall.  Equilateral triangle arrangement.  Worked very well also.  The critical thing is getting them off of the front wall (the front wall is the wall you look at)  
I doubt you will be lacking for power nor do I think you need esoteric cable to get fine results--I used Supra Rondo 4x4.0.