Phonostage recommendations under $3K

Folks,

I am looking to step up from my current Parasound ZPhono XRM (still under 60 days audition trial). To be honest, I am quite pleased with its performance, feature set and flexibility. I mean what else you can expect from a $600 phono. While I enjoyed listening to vinyl through XRM, I feel there is room for improvement and XRM may be the weakest link in my vinyl setup. And since XRM is the only phono I’ve experienced in my setup, I don’t have quite have a reference point. So what else should I be considering under $3K?

I prefer a relaxed and slightly warm sound since I mostly listen to jazz genre.

I started to put together a list list based on sound quality and flexibility with gain and impedance settings.

Parasound JC 3+ Phono Pre
Allnic H-1202
Leben RS30 EQ (requires a SUT for MC Cart)

I hear high praises on Herron VTPH-2A but it’s bit more than I would like to spend at this time.

My current vinyl setup, Thorens TD1601, ZPhono XRM, Hana ML (low output - 0.4mv), Accuphase E-650 and Tannoy Canterbury’s.

I would really appreciate some recommendations based on your personal experiences. Thank you!
128x128lalitk
I’d look very strongly at the new just released Hagerman Trumpet MC for only $1K. Previous versions of the Trumpet sold from $2K to $7K - it seems Jim has really focused on getting the cost down while keeping that level of sound quality. I used to own the old wooden faced “tower” Trumpet, and it was lovely at $2.2K+. At 1K it would be a stone cold steal. I currently own a Rogue Ares Magnum, Herron VTPH-2A, Sonic Frontiers Phono 1SE+, and VAC Renaissance SE (the VAC is far and away tops in both price and sound quality), but I kinda want to buy the new Trumpet to play with too!
Aural Thrills Serenade at $1200 or their absolute best 'the Beast' at $2500 with the best parts used.  The Serenade was the Absolute Sound's s Product of the Year a couple years ago.  The Beast is a very large and even better sounding unit.  Tom Kenny is the designer and has Benn building phono preamps while trying various parts, wires, etc. for over 10 years.  

Bob
The Herron vp2h-2a has traded over 70 times in the US used market since 2017 (source: hifi shark), some of those are duplicate postings though, but suffice to say there is a TON of secondary market activity on this unit and avg price is ballpark $2,500, so if Herron floats your boat, then just buy used. 
@lalitk

@chakster,

The Vida is on my top 5 list but I can only afford it used :-)

Prices for used VIDA are fine, I have no problem to buy used phono stage. 

Aurorasound home page

I owned a Herron VTPH A for a bit. And while I thought it was great for classical and jazz, I felt that it lacked "pop" or sufficient transient response for rock. (Perhaps Keith Heron's training in classical music made for that difference?) I ended up selling it and the new owner was very happy. The Tavish Adagio plays all genres quite well.