Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
First thought on those speakers is dual 15s, yet only 30hz?? What's up with that?
Hey MC, what are your thoughts on this speaker from Eric. It’s called the polycell
https://www.tektondesign.com/polycell-15.html

Well you know he makes speakers for every little niche. Just looking at it, reading the description, this is in his Flagship Models segment and looks to be a more high end version of his Perfect Set 2-10. Yes it can handle a lot of power but the 103dB sensitivity tells me he really made it to be used with flea-watt SET amps. At that price it probably uses some pretty high quality drivers. Look at the close-up shots, looks like a mini-horn array!
"...the transducer comprising a moving element, wherein the moving element is limited in mass to approximate the mass of the moving and sound-generating portion of the musical instrument."

How does the transducer know which instrument it should reproduce? Could such speakers reproduce the music played on unconventional instruments? Which transducer takes care of the music played on an synthesizer?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9247339B2/en

By the way, that patent seems to have expired.
I think it’s pretty obvious, that speaker is using pro drivers, to get that type of sensitivity. That is high.. They aren’t gonna tolerate a noisy system, that’s for sure. Neat looking. Just think if the bass drivers were loaded in a folded box... Stadium type volume, very directional, blow someone's hair off their head at 1500 watts, NOW, WOW!!! 

10-15 watts they are gonna get pretty loud pretty quick.. With the cluster in the center, sure make a serious center speaker on it’s side. Bet you could hear the voices with that in a HT center channel set up. I’m not a fan..BUT, I bet it would work, really well.

Regards
There is a guy on the Tekton Facebook group that has the Polycell 15's. He listens to Rock and metal and driving them with a little PS Audio Sprout100 integrated, 100W into 4 Ohms, class D. He says they are neutral and very detailed, musical with no listening fatigue. Runs with subs but feels the bass is good on there own. Wonder how these would sound with tubes or class A?