A good time to buy now, or in the near future?

Just a thought, but some have made fortunes when the economy or a market segment was down.  The best I have ever done in the stock market,  real estate or some other investments (sports cars, rare coins..etc.) were buying when those, and other "things", were down.  But, as has always been true, speculation should only  be done with "play" money...not the money for you and your  families living expenses and safety.  
Perhaps trite, but the old buy low, sell high is so much wiser than buying anything at it's market peak.....that is the time to sell. 

Do any of you feel that now is a good time to buy, or is that bottom yet to be reached?

whatjd
Now is a particularly good time to be looking at Porsche 997.2 models. They are now at or very near full depreciation. Being a Porsche there are a lot that are practically new cars. Also being a Porsche they begin to appreciate after about 15 years. So you could buy one now for $40-60k, drive it 10k miles a year for a dozen years, sell it for more than you paid. Not counting dividends collected every time you drive it, park it, pull in for gas. 

Not the investment you were looking for I suspect. But if I say gold, silver, or mining shares nobody but nobody has even the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Porsche at least a few might recognize.
Assuming the time around the election has as much rioting and chaos (lawsuits, etc) as many expect, gotta think the market will drop. You’d have to be brave to buy into that "bottom" however since the market fate after that depends (IMHO) significantly on which candidate wins (at least in this election).
MC...Looking for value appreciation from a Porsche 997.2 is very optimistic in my opinion... unless it’s a Metzger car with a manual gearbox In my opinion, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree. Way too many out there and they are no supported like their legacy cars ie: Ir cooled cars... like I said, just my opinion backed by 4 decades in the Porsche service business...