Beating a dead horse.... SACD

I have a reasonable collection of SACD disks.  I enjoyed the old  Sony DVP-S9000ES when I had it.  In looking at a good sounding player for my collection, is this still a consideration or would you suggest something else.  Limited to 500 dollars to spend.  Thanks
whatjd
@lalitk 

agree that the OP should look for something better......especially since the OP says that he has had high end equipment over the years....so he should know that it would make sense to spend a little more on a good quality player.
I recently got my Vacuum State moded Sony SCD-1 out of storage and back into my system.  I have to say it is a pleasant surprise after all these years. I am also enjoying the slower pace of selecting a disc and playing it on the SCD-1. A nice change of pace from the sometimes faster paced streaming I do via TIDAL and Qobuz.

The DAC on this player is 20 years old so I am thinking it is the Vaccum State V5+ mods I did 15 years ago is what is making this player still sound great. My current DAC is the Benchmark DAC3B a neutral and extremely revealing unit. It is a much different sound than the SCD-1's internal DAC, but I love both. 

I sometimes see this player on sale for under $1000. Though I would not use the original packaging to get it shipped to you. The packing foam will be useless at this point. It weighs about 50lbs.

BTW - Dark Side of the Moon on SACD on the SCD-1 is the best sounding disk and music on any format that I have heard.
OP might want to consider a Sony 5400ES. IIRC, they were thought to be a bit of an improvement over the 9000 and venerated SCD-1. I have one or two in the original box in the garage waiting for me to get off my ass and sell stuff I no longer use.

db
Forget the SCD-XA5400ES I recommended.  They're listed near $1K in the Blue Book and for some reason seem to be on the rise with the most recent being $2K.

db