Just recieved my new Rega Planar 8

So I just took delivery of my new planar 8 Friday and I am blown away. I originally planned on buying a new model planar 6 but after all the "upgrades" to my planar 2, I was worried it would be a lateral move. My current generation planar 2 has a Groovetracer reference subplatter and derlin platter, JA Michell Tecnoweight, RB330 tonearm (and one Rega spacer to correct VTA). By all rights the tricked out planar 2 sounds amazing but it doesn’t hold a candle to the planar 8. I am using the same Rega Ania cartridge and Rega Fono MC on both setups and the difference is dramatic. The new model planar 8 is certainly an impressive piece of engineering. I may have found my forever table (unless I stumble into a good deal on a planar 10 I guess.)
128x128guy-incognito
Couldn’t agree more - great combination imho

Rega Planar 8 + Ania Cartridge

Rega Aria Phono Stage

upgraded from my dad’s 1960’s Empire TT with Denon DL-110 which I overhauled
Congrats on your planar 8 jkeitel, have you replaced the Rega felt mat yet on yours?

Since receiving my Planar 8 I have upgraded from the Ania to an Apheta 3 cartridge. I have also replaced the Rega Phono MC with a Rega Aria V2 phono stage.  Both changes made more than subtle improvements. I finally feel like my turntable source is complete and I can move on to upgrading other things. 

I also have a digital source and DAC that I used to be happy with but now seems luck luster compared to the Planar 8. It just doesn't sound as good.
Thank you noromance, I was just looking through your system photos.  You are a mad genius. I'm envious of your record collection and that display stand.  That looks super convenient. Pretty amazing looking systems.